Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£95
Neil W

Dreadful!!!!!!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Jul 2023
Desperate!!!!! Rooms basic and unremarkable, shower was about as useful as a watering can but the Breakfast!!!! Well that was something else!! Plates stone cold, food barely lukewarm, no eggs, bacon looked like it had just come out of the fridge, sausages only brown on 2 sides again undercooked but worse still>>>>> No coffee at all ! 1 machine broken and unattended, only serving hot milk, no staff to ask it was dreadful, left on a long motorway drive home without having had a hot drink despite paying for a breakfast!
Never again this place has lost its way big time.
Date of stay: June 2023
Room Tip: Dont bother with breakfast its dissappointing.
Trip type: Travelled solo
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 31 Jul 2023
Hi Neil,

Thank you for leaving your review and we are sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations. Your points have been noted and passed to the relevant department head. Thanks again and you have a great day.
PremierInn.com
3.7 miles from Quorn Grange Hotel
    £110
6.9 miles from Quorn Grange Hotel
View more hotels in Loughborough
All reviews afternoon tea patio doors wedding party sandwiches staff were attentive one night stay breakfast was delicious plenty of parking quorn meal venue function
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2023

Stayed here for 3 nights for work purposes - wanted a nice place to eat and rest after busy working days. This was neither. The room was adequate. The bathroom was inside a glass box which no matter how well you know someone, some functions are private. It’s a no from me. There was a wedding on every night we were there. Booked dinner via reception as no tables showing as available online. We ate completely alone as no other guests came in. The restaurant was chilly with no atmosphere. The member of staff serving us was miserable and avoided eye contact and any interaction bar what our order was. The food was pleasant enough but the menu was v limited. Breakfast was poor. I had coffee and toast with rock hard butter each morning. Despite being very early, the hot food didn’t look appetising, although on the first morning I tried some tasteless mushrooms and hard grilled tomatoes on my toast. I didn’t bother the other 2 days, just toast. The limited cold selection didn’t appeal at all. Same waiting staff on morning and evening. The second night we ordered from the room service menu. Our food arrived within the hour, was mostly hot but the two (same waiting) staff that brought it to us didn’t bring any cutlery. We didn’t feel able to use the bar on any night because of the wedding guests and we subsequently found out that there was a huge argument amongst them on the 3rd night, so pretty glad we managed to swerve that. Overall, we felt that the staff couldn’t be bothered. Attention to minor details were ignored. Items of rubbish/dirty glasses left on the restaurant window sill were still there the next day, glasses we had finished with weren’t removed when our new drinks were brought. We used the toilets in the public area just once, one of the three was out of order and one had a serious flashing lightbulb that I brought to the attention of reception plus there was a crate of bottles just inside the main doors that looked abandoned. As someone has previously said, the artwork on the public corridor that leads to the rooms was hardly conducive to a pleasant stay, being striking miners battling police. I’ve read the reason for them, however they should be confined to the educational facility. Overall, this hotel is tired and the staff don’t seem to care about their guests or surroundings.

Room tip: Bathroom is in a glass box.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul Op's Mgr, Guest Services / Front Office at Quorn Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2023

Hi 503Martinew,

We are disappointed to see that your time spent with us was somewhat disappointing. As with all reviews the content is often subjective with regards to an individuals expectations and this is what makes it difficult to please everyone. With regard to the wedding situation. In addition to the bar there is also the lounge area and the gardens for our guests to enjoy so we are sorry to see that you felt unable to enjoy the social areas in and around the Hotel.

Breakfast is an area where we are regularly receiving complimentary comments and the 7 hot buffet items, along with croissants, a choice of 4 types of cereal, yoghurts and fresh fruit salad is usually acceptable - bearing in mind that, unlike many establishments, we do not limit our residents to either hot breakfast or continental, but allow guests to choose from everything available.

Limited choice in the Restaurant I feel is also down to an individuals perception as there are both the A La Carte menu and the Bar Menu available offering a fairly wide range of dishes (the Kitchen are also able to cater for a range of intolerances and vegetarian/vegan menus and the like upon request).

As for the weddings. We are advertised as a wedding venue but I am somewhat at a loss here. There was not a 3 day period in June when we had back to back weddings so I feel unable to respond to the comments raised.

Your view of the staff members who served you has, along with your other comments, been taken on board and I will look into this to determine why the impression they gave was such a negative one.

That being said, we do appreciate our guests taking the time to leave their reviews and value all feedback as it enables to take a view as to what requires our attention and areas that we can look at to improve on. As mentioned earlier reviews are most often subjective and can cover areas outside of our control, such as wedding guests allegedly involved in huge arguments, but we will always take on board objective comments and look to improve where necessary.

Thankyou for taking time out to submit your review and you have a great day.

Reviewed 6 June 2023 via mobile

Great location & fab gardens,hotel inside is dated & needs a make over,our room was basic,bed comfy,black mould on bathroom mastic & cracked tiles in shower area,stained tiles in ceiling area,patio doors to outside,but on opening in the morning,was greeted by a white transit van right outside doors & the wedding planners for the next wedding going back & forth,so couldn’t even have the curtains open,great full English breakfast options,but food had clearly been kept warm for quite a while,no plates,no tea bags,had to ask,tables hadn’t been cleared of dirty plates,glasses,mugs,etc & no staff to be seen,so had to clear our own table,staff all looked miserable & when they did appear,not one of them spoke to us!

Room tip: Bring your own alcohol to drink in your room,drinks very expensive!
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Op's Mgr, Guest Services / Front Office at Quorn Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2023

Hi Breadpuddin,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review and are sorry to see that your time here wasn't entirely successful. Your comments have been noted and will be looked into.

With regard to the Hotel itself, we are in the midst of an ongoing maintenance programme which has seen in excess of £100,000 spent in the last twelve months alone. Obviously these things are not an overnight fix and we have to prioritise the work needed, but rest assured we are working to rectify the minor issues as quickly as we can. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 24 April 2023

Fantastic!!! Stayed here for our wedding night (got married elsewhere) staff were amazing in the run up to the stay with my many questions, we booked multiple rooms as we all got ready here too.
Beds were so comfy!

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Op's Mgr, Guest Services / Front Office at Quorn Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2023

Hi Jennifer,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and we are so pleased to see that your stay here with us was such and enjoyable one. We look forward to your next visit and you have aa great day.

Reviewed 1 January 2023 via mobile

Cannot fault the quality and quantity of food for the sparkling afternoon tea. Sandwiches were fresh and tasty with hot sausage rolls and quiche. Scones were lovely and warm with plenty of jam and cream. Nice selection of little cakes. All washed down with a great prosecco.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul Op's Mgr, Guest Services / Front Office at Quorn Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2023

Hi Stu,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

We are really pleased to see that your day was such a success and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2022 via mobile

Business trips are rarer these days.
In the case of the Quorn Grange Hotel this is a mercy.

You do NOT want to stay here any time soon.

Travelling from Glasgow, I arrived 3 hours later than I had intended.

However - at 2120, there was no room service available - not even a sandwich. I hadn’t eaten since 1300. I was advised to ‘phone a carry out’… However the delivery time from Dominos was >1hour by which time I was planning to be asleep.

I tried to connect my devices to the internet in my room (305) but was unable to get a signal on any of them (2 iPhones and a laptop). I needed wifi because I had online meetings all day

I phoned reception to inform them and ask advice at 2145.
The phone rang for 2.5 mins. (That’s quite a long time for a hotel reception to pick up the phone for a resident?!)

And then the answer…. ‘Oh yes. 305. It’s a bit of a hotspot I’m afraid - I’ll get back to you’.

But of course - No one did.

I went town to reception at 2230. No one was there. No one was at the bar either. Or in the kitchen where I shouted ‘Hello?! Is anyone around?’ After a further 6 minutes of searching around I was eventually introduced to a young man at reception. I told him that I’d phoned abojt the wifi problem but no one had got back to me.

Disinterested, and avoiding eye contact completely, he told me he had only just come on. I asked if there had been a handover. He said yes - at 1100 (it was now 2245).
I asked where the previous lady was who had said she would get back to me - he didn’t know (or care).

He asked me to try my wifi at reception. I pointed out that it worked at reception - but that was no help in my room.
He walked into the kitchen and I asked ‘what should I do?’ He answered ‘I’m not a mechanic’….

At 2248 an older gentleman appeared and said he was unaware Thee was a wifi problem in 305. I pointed out that his colleague seemed to know there was a hotspot there. He didn’t.

He disappeared and came back a few mins later and said ‘I’ve just tried wifi outside your door and it works fine.’
I asked if he didn’t believe me and he agreed to come into my room to see. I showed him all three devices not connecting whilst his did.

As I type this in my room (305) there is still no wifi signal.

Eventually he suggested another room - however none were available. So he arranged (helpfully) for me to have a meeting room for my meetings. Which I was grateful for and used successfully.

Then I got to lunchtime. 1200 was advertised as the time when bar lunches were available. I went to the bar at 1155 to ask if I could order food. I was informed that there was no food available until 1300 because ‘there’s a wedding on’. I asked ‘what about other residents who may need to eat?’ Once again I was advised to contact Dominos - which I already knew would take a hour.

So. Overall. An incredibly suboptimal experience in a place that describes itself as ‘a perfect setting’….

Oh. And by the way. The violent pictures from the miners’ strike along the corridor are unsettling to say the least, and hardly generate a positive ambiance - never mind a ‘perfect setting’.

Mind you ‘perfect’ in this place is a movable feast. Or, in my case, an invisible one….

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul Op's Mgr, Guest Services / Front Office at Quorn Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2022

Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I do feel the need, however, to clarify one or two issues.

Firstly, I have spoken with the Team Members mentioned and am confident that there was no malice toward you with regard to the manner in which your Wi Fi issue was dealt with. If they came over as such then I apologise as after the day you had had, especially the 3-hour extension to your journey, I fully understand that you wouldn't have arrived in the best of moods and all you would have wanted was for things to be simple to allow you to relax.

I am the older Gentleman to whom you refer, and I reiterate that I was not aware of any issues in room 305 because, when we went back to the room, I had an instant Wi Fi connection and even showed you one or two web links to highlight this. I then simply said that I did not understand why there was any issue with regard to your equipment as my device clearly worked. It was in no way intended as any form of criticism, merely a statement of fact.

Eventually - what would have been less than a minute - I did offer to see if there were any rooms that we could move you to and went to check. Upon my return you were sat on the bed doing your emails - and said to me that the internet had miraculously just come on. You then explained that you had been trying to rearrange important zoom meetings for the following day as you weren't confident that the Wi Fi would allow you to keep to your original schedule.

At this point I advised that there wasn't another accommodation room that I could move you to but that I did have a small meeting room that was available, albeit on the opposite end of the hotel. I then took you to the room to see if it would suffice and to ensure your equipment could pick up our Wi Fi. The setting and signal you were happy with at which point I advised that I would inform reception and if you came down in the morning, they would open the room up for you. My understanding is that you managed to complete your business calls successfully and were in the room until early afternoon. May I add here that no charge was made for a meeting room that would normally cost £100.00 for a day's hire as it was my intention to help resolve your connection issues and not look to profit from them.

The food issues were explained to you at the time so I will not linger on them but to clarify the Room Service situation. Room service is available during meal service times which is usually 12.00 - 8.30 for the Bar Menus and 6.30 - 8.30 for the Restaurant. These can vary dependant on other factors, such as a wedding, but we do try to keep this to a minimum wherever possible as we recognise that there are other guests in the Hotel.

Finally, our guests' reaction to the pictures in the corridor is entirely subjective. Some support them whilst others don't but, as I've stated many times in the past, they portray a part of our recent social history in an accurate and honest way as well as highlighting our links to the GFTU Educational Trust who own the Hotel. They are not there as a political statement and should not be seen as such. They also include images from some of the media coverage of the time which were taken independently and without bias.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review and I trust that your journey home was far less stressful than the one down. Have a nice day.