“Overpriced!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Herts
“Overpriced!”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

When booking B&B in England, one presumes full English, especially at these prices. It is not made clear on the website that the breakfast is continental.Even the member of staff who served us at breakfast said she couldn't see any mention of it just being continental. Wood chip on the ceiling in the Feng Shui room along with poorly plastered walls and horrible dirty blind in the bathroom. Cold rooms. Disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChHHerts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Romford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

(stayed March) I never right reviews but I felt like I had to. We stayed in the fagin room for two nights. Firstly the room is stunning and has alot of character. I felt like the room was a little cold because its very large and the time of year. Without asking we recieved an extra heater, the manager must have overheard me saying it. The staff are more than happy to help. I was given extra coffee with our compimentary breakfast and extra toast without any fuss. The hotel manager gave us films to watch so we could have a restful night in. staff were friendly and welcoming.

We had a drink and ate dinner in the resturant. I have a lasagne and my partner had a steak. The food is made to order and you can refil on sides free of charge. Not overpriced for the quality of food. I wished we had eaten in there again but we wanted to venture out of the hotel. I'm a chef and i was impressed.
It was our aniverary and my parter has a racing experience close to the hotel. It made our aniversary and is easily the best hotel i've stayed in

Go stay, go eat but visit this place

Room Tip: We stayed in the fagin room, stay in the fagin room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I should ignore the previous comment about it being an awful place being run by children !! How condescending. Perhaps these people just don't know how to interract with the 'younger' generation ?? We had a wonderful experience (January 2013)... Fabulous food; staff very helpful (and young)... Superb surroundings (decor, ambience). Our food was amazing. Thank you everyone !
We just came for a meal (not the rooms), although they look gorgeous too !

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Didn't stay so can't comment on accommodation but have to agree with the various negative comments. Food is boil in the bag rubbish and staff just children
No management to be seen
First and last time for me

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank exhpart
ProbablyDirector, Owner at The Hunting Lodge, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
I was surprised to read your comments and urge you to contact me via our website as I would very much like you to visit us again. During December we do run a limited menu along side a Christmas Choice and worry you may have mis judged us. I assure you many of our staff have been with us several years and we always have a senior manager on shift.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence.

Travellers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Loughborough
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I live locally so either eat here or at the Three Crowns pub.
There is a 'cheaper' menu option if you eat before a certain time, I would definately recommed eating from the slightly 'higher priced' menu - in my opinion the food is far better quality and quantity! The rib eye steak is one of the best I have ever eaten.
The hunting lodge gets quite busy towards the back end of the week and when the weather is good it becomes busy both inside and out.
It is always clean , empties glasses and plates are removed quickly, and the staff are always helpful.
Other reviews have mentioned lots of children, this can be the case when there is a function/ wedding party or when the weather is good, but I would expect this at other similar establishments.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie576
United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We are almost into double figures visiting the Hunting Lodge at Barrow upon Soar. We have always been pleased with ths establishment as a "chain" hence the revisits. But on this occasion we were disappointed to find the chips barely warm. We drew attention to this issue and the solution suggested was a new bowel of chips. By the time these arrived the rest of the meal had been consumed "sans frites". The chips this time were extremely hot and not edible until the remaining part of the meal was almost finished.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dekkie96
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We booked this hotel after being invited to a wedding in Loughborough. We received a warm, efficient welcome and were shown to our room. We were in a twin room (cant remember the name) which was tastefully decorated with a view of the back garden and a clean functional bathroom. After a good nights sleep, we went downstairs for our full english breakfast which arrived quickly and was lovely.

We would definitely return if we were in the area again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple