“100th Birthday Party”

Ranked #10 of 21 Loughborough B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“100th Birthday Party”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My Mum's 100th birthday party was made even more memorable by the truly excellent welcome given by Irene and her staff. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The attention given to guests and especially my mum was without fault. It finished off her day perfectly!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 174MikeR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I trained at a nearby power station for 4 years from Sep 2008 to Mar 2012 and spent approximately 30 weeks at the Highbury. From the first check in to the last there was always a friendly hello from Irene, Sue or Cosmo; and if I ever needed any help above and beyond they were extremely accommodating. If the Highbury was unavailable I had to try other guest houses, but I never felt like being at home away from home as I did here. No matter what time of year or how many people were at the hotel I never had a bad experience. My advice is if your going to stay anywhere in and around Loughborough, stay here. Best rooms are on the ground floor at the front for families, or if its business and your sharing, then possibly the top floor (Room 14?). The rooms also have plenty of storage. Rooms at the rear are quiet, but really the adjacent main rod is only a 30 zone so there is not alot of noise. There are shops and take always within a short walking distance and the town centre is a 20 minute walk if your ambling. There is plenty of on site parking and plenty of dining room space so you never feel cramped in. With so many fond memories and great experiences at The Highbury my only regret is not reviewing it sooner. No doubt I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ground Floor Family Room - it's across from the bar.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lee D
devon
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

What a brill guest house, such a lovely reception. The owner was lovely and very welcoming when we arrived and nothing was any trouble. Our room was very clean with bright white sheets. The bed was huge! And very comfy I didn't want to get out in the morning!! The breakfast was fab and so much to choose from! If we go back to Loughbourgh I will defiantly be staying here again :-) thank you Irene for such a lovely stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BandCDevon
Seascale
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I arrived late at Highbury on Saturday night but from the moment the door was opened it was like being at home. Irene gave us a warm welcome and opened the bar just for us.

The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and warm and the bed was very comfy. Facilities in the bedroom and the rest of the B&B were excellent. Parking is available to the front and rear.

Now to breakfast. Excellent comes to mind. The portion size was amazing for the cooked breakfast and even I was defeated. We have stopped at a number of B&Bs in the area but we have found our favourite. Highbury will be our number one choice in the future.

There is a plaque on the wall outside that rates Highbury as four star. There is no doubt in our minds that this is five star.

Thanks once again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monster1964
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Huge thanks to Irene and the staff our stay was perfect Very Friendly and Home from Home! Breakfast was Brilliant could not have asked for better ! Spotlessly Clean, Warm and Very comfy Bed. We will be back a Great find from Trip advisor thanks again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HELEN M
Hailsham
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was in a family room sharing with my sister. The staff were.very attentive and the room was comfortable, especially my bed, clean but the bathroom was very small. If I stay again I may have to lose some weight as I found the bathroom every claustrophobic as it was small with no window. My breakfast was very nice and the poached eggs were cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of good quality. I didn't see all of them but my room(room 5) was very comfort...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mhairi S
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were in the UK for a two week tour of potential grad schools for my daughter. The Highbury had a room that slept three, which can be hard to find .It was a great choice:lovely people, lovely room, lovely breakfast, easy to find and conveniently located. Can't go wrong choosing the Highbury.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family