“great hotel”
Review of Forest Rise Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loughborough
Forest Rise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
London, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

myself and 8 of my employees stayed at Forest Rise for 4 weeks while on bussiness in loughborough . the hotel is very comfortable and has a secure carpark to the rear.great having a 24hr reception always someone to help when coming in front late meetings

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
MariaForestRise, Owner at Forest Rise Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay
and hope to see you in the future if you are working in the area.

The Forest Rise Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Andernach, Germany
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We chose the hotel because of the perfect location for us, within walking distance to our daughter´s uni hall and to our favorite restaurant.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had asked for a twin room in the new part of the hotel and got exactly what I wanted. Our room faced the car park, away from the road which can be quite noisy. The room was very efficiently furnished and clean and had all you need for a one night´s stay.
The breakfast room is bright and nice, breakfast itself was great.
It is definitely not a very charming hotel, but it´s perfect for the price and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the car park
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
MariaForestRise, Owner at Forest Rise Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.
It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

leicestershire, england
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I booked this hotel on a recommendation from a friend and wasn't dissapointed. My step Grandad and step Uncle came from Scotland to see my Mum and Step Dad, and stayed for two nights, they were more than impressed, they said they had a warm and friendly welcome right from the start. Room was lovely, very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpfull and caring and so was the owner (not a rottweiler at all) Breakfast was superb, very tasty. We would all recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GailJB
Thank you for posting your review of "The Forest Rise"
We appreciate your positive comments, especially regarding the bedrooms.

It is lovely to know that you were made to feel very welcome by the staff and we
would be delighted to see you again soon.

Howick, Craster, Northumberland
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We stayed with our extended family over a weekend and found the welcome, wervice and friendliness to be warm and caring. We cannot hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Hello,
We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see in the future if you
are passing through Loughborough.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Here lies the risk of Trip Advisor. If I had not already agreed to stay at the Forest Rise with 8 ex University mates Fromm 20 years ago I would have probably booked elsewhere.

What I did experience having not stayed for over 10 years was a tastefully refurbished, clean hotel with a cheery welcome and first rate breakfast.

For the money I could not fault it and if anything I was looking forward to some Basil Fawlty style antics.

• Stayed November 2011
Hello,
Many thanks for your positive review.
It is good to know that even after reading some rather negative comments about The Forest Rise
you decided to stay with us. We are pleased that the hotel met all your expectations on this occasion and we would love to see you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

It was my sister's graduation. I rang to book a room for three people, all in separate beds (myself and my two children). They gave me prices for both their old and new wings and as comfort makes a difference when you will be arriving late in the night for a next morning big event, I asked my sister to have a look at the rooms to make up my mind. When she went, she was given another set of prices but suggested the old wing was ok for just one night. When I rang to book I was given yet another set of prices. Although that gave me the feeling that everything was rather random in that place I nonetheless booked a room and clearly specified that I needed three separate beds. When I arrived what they had ready for me was a room with a double bed and an airbed beside it. I said that was not what I had booked. I was then offered a twin room where they would accommodate the airbed blocking the room's and bathroom' doors. No way. So I had to take the first room and spend quite an uncomfortable night. When I went to complain to the manager in the morning -at the suggestion of the night time porter- she said: "you in number 12? I don't want to hear it. This is very hard work, we've made the best to accommodate you". Yes, I said, but this is not what I had booked. She then repeated herself in a raised tone and voice and finished barking her sentence with "and this is the end of it", after which she stomped out of the reception area and into the kitchen, leaving me speechless. On my way out I approached her again, still very calm, to suggest that was no way to treat your clients. This time she she was waiving hands and shouting and once more ended up her rant by saying that she did not care as she had a full hotel. Throughout I remained speechless. I still cannot figure out what I did wrong. Maybe she woke up with the wrong foot. Maybe she was confusing me for someone else. Maybe she had had a bad night too.
Unless you are ready to take that treatment, don't go there!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Oriana7112
Scotland
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in July 2011 while we were in Loughborough visiting friends.

The hotel was fantastic! The staff are extremely friendly, the rooms were great and the breakfast each morning was excellent.

We stayed in a room in the extension which had the added benefit of air conditioning which we used throughout the weekend.

We will definitely return to the Forest Rise.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for your positive review.
We are pleased that the hotel met your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay.

Hope to see you again soon.