“Great Food and Welcoming Staff”
Review of Townhead Hotel

Townhead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lockerbie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Welcoming Staff”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

As my parents are up to visit the area for a few days and I wanted to take my Farther out for a belated Father's Day meal. The welcome at The Townhead is very warm & friendly, the Food was Excellent.
Father had the Prawn Twisters and then The Sizzling Chicken in a Hot n Sour sauce from the Specials & Mother had The soup n Chicken Goujons from the main menu, They couldn't fault anything at all between the food or service. Father commented the his Pint of Best was the best pint he's had in ages too !!!
Thank You and we will be back !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark B
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi Guys,

Really good to see you all in yesterday, and good to see your parents both looking so well. Its been a while since I have seen them.

I am glad that everything was to your liking, and thank you for choosing to post some pictures also.

I hope we will see you all back in the very near future!!

Stephen Montgomery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Id like to thank Stevie, Jan and all the staff at the Townhead hotel for the excellent hospitality, everyone was so accommodating. I was very impressed by how spacious our room was and the cleanliness was great. The food was first class, you certainly dont skimp on that, we were very satisfied! !!
I recommend this hotel to eveyone, thanks again. Sharon, alison and jean Mackay

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank sharondimitrio
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi guys

Many thanks for your lovely review.

I will pass on your comments to my staff. As always it's a pleasure to see our customers leaving with a smiling face!

Look forward to seeing you again soon......and I will stock up on the Baileys!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When we were planning our visit to Lockerbie Stephen was just in the process of getting settled in, having taken over the pub.

By the time we arrived, we were treated to a freshly renovated, welcoming hotel.

Stephen went out of his way and made every effort to ensure we were comfortable, and was helpful in our planning to visit local sites (my wife's ancestors were from this area). All staff members were helpful and friendly and made every effort to ensure our visit was enjoyable.

Meals were huge and tasty. The room was clean and fresh. The plumbing worked!

We can not thank Stephen and his staff enough for such an enjoyable visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gbossley
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Good morning from a sunny Lockerbie.

Thank you very very much for your kind words.

It's always strange when you arrive in a small town, and even more when your ancestors are from the area, so it was my pleasure to help you in any way we could.

I was lovely to meet you both, and I think by the time you left it felt that you were part of the locals, which is a great feeling to have.
My staff enjoyed their wee tokens you both left, and Eddie was over the moon!

We look forward to meeting you again if you are ever in the area.

Kindest Regards
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Came off motorway to find something other than expensive motorway services and we found this little gem 3 minutes from the motorway.
Freshly decorated, very pleasant attentive staff, great food well presented. We will be returning here for sure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mary C
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review of the Townhead Hotel here in Lockerbie.

I am pleased that you were happy with everything during your visit, and that my staff looked after you so well. We look forward to meeting you again hopefully soon if you are in this part of the country.

Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Being a local, I've driven past the Townhead and always thought it was a bit of a drinking mans pub, but after having dinner there last night I have to admit I was totally wrong.

Walk inside and you'll be greeted by fresh decor, a nice modern setup and very much on the ball landlord. Certainly not a drinking mans pub!

The staff are switched on (in fact I caught our friendly landlord giving one of the bar staff a wee nip because there was somebody waiting with an empty glass), friendly and very efficient.

We were looked after impeccably, our food was good and the beer spot on. It's great to see a place being run properly and we felt very welcome - so that means we'll be back again.

See you soon Townhead & well done!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JockTheCritic
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Customer

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Townhead Hotel.

It gives us all a great sense of pride when we see reviews coming in, and it gives my staff the praise that they deserve.
We try our best to make sure that every customer that comes through our door is treated the best possible way, and that they leave feel satisfied, and happy.

We will look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the not too distant future.

Lockerbie
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Fantastic food and drink and first class service with friendly attentive staff. Well done the Townhead. If you visit Dumfriesshire you must visit the Townhead in lockerbie for a meal or to stay.
The best thing about Lockerbie is the Townhead Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gary P
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Guys

Many thanks for your kind words. We love to hear what our customers think. I'm glad your visit was enjoyable, and I will pass on your comments to the rest of the staff. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have eaten at the Townhead twice now and was impressed both time. The food was good and the price was very reasonable. Excellent service too from the friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Iain A
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Townhead Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you have returned again. Our aim is to build on the service we provide, and make sure we continue to see many happy customers, both old, and new.

I will pass on your comments to my staff, however they have now became avid readers of this review page, and always like to see what our customers have said.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockerbie
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel
#7 of 7 in Lockerbie
The Gables Hotel
The Gables Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gretna

Been to Townhead Hotel? Share your experiences!