“Husbands birthday”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Decided on the last minute to go out for a birthday meal, didn't feel like travelling too far so thought we'd try this one in Lockerbie as it's such a long time since we were last in.
I have to say, the service was excellent and the food served was delicious, piping hot and lots of it.
Very pleasant evening and would recommend, they even serve certain dishes in OAP portions as well.
Well done!!

2  Thank Jean H

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We took our son, daughter in law and grand children for Saturday lunch. Four of us were dis-satisfied with our meals. I ordered steak pie and got stew with a bit of separate puff pastry. My son ordered a curry which he said was just a spicy stew and not curry. It should have had nan bread and poppadoms with it, no nan bread and only one poppadoms, my daughter in law's meal should have had sour cream with it but there wasn't any. Our grandson ordered a chicken and vegetable stir-fry and got chicken and mushroom stir-fry. The meal took a long time from ordering to arrive at table. The staff were pleasant enough but we will not return.

1  Thank Antmaim
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Sunday lunch one friend had beef that was OK,gammon OK, roast ham was a bit on the thin side & came covered in gravy with one roast potatoe,lots of mashed potatoes,mange tout,Carrot's, other friend ordered chicken in a cream & mushroom sauce which was so salty she couldn't eat it & had the roast beef instead. Staff were pleasant enough but I won't be rushing back for a Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this little place last night with my wife and 5 year old son. I often find pubs are quite reluctant when it comes to kids but they were most welcoming.

Of your looking for Michelin star foods then this isn't the place. However, if your looking for good quality, hearty, home cooked food then this is the place for you.

I had the steak pie and it was brilliant. It must have had half a cow on there. The steak was lovely and soft and very tasty. My wife had the lasagne which she also enjoyed. There was a great selection on the menu.

Well worth a visit if your looking for good quality food at good prices.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We have a never ending battle trying to find somewhere to eat where we can take both child and dog. This place is great. Two bar areas - one that allows dogs, one that doesn't. Good menu-basic pub grub and price ok. Family friendly too. A relief on a cold, wet Scottish day.