“Just fab!!”

Queens Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lockerbie
“Just fab!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, fabulous views from the rooms, especially room 2 (highly recommend asking for this room!) The portion sizes are exceptional as well and it's all homemade! Friendly staff and an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten here many times and the food never fails to please. It is all freshly cooked on the premises and is served by very pleasant staff. The hotel is on the edge of town and easy to find, especially from the south side. Definately worth a five minute detour from the motorway (it realy is only 5 minutes).
The grounds are a nice size to stretch your legs if on a journey.
Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank justjane07
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on business. The hotel building is very impressive, and you can see that the owners are trying to modernise the inside. My room was very clean, spacious and looked as if it had recently been given a lovely make over with new furnishings, bathroom, carpet etc. I paid £54 for my stay which I considered to be very good value.
The highlight of my stay, was the welcome and friendly service from a member of staff called Christina. She was so helpful, and when I mentioned I would be leaving around 4.30am, she offered to have a packed lunch made for me!! Very much appreciated. Evening meal was nice, and reasonably priced. This hotel is a little tired in places, but that was very much offset by the lovely staff who looked after me. Hotel is just off the a74,so perfect if you're looking for a place to stop over with some character, good food and lovely staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We arrived on a mild winter day and booked into our room. It was a large room with a comfortable bed, but it was freezing along with the corridors up to the rooms. There was only one radiator in the room and for the size of the room it wasn't enough. We turned the radiator on full but it never got warm until the morning. We asked and got an extra duvet but it didn't help a great deal!
The bathroom was tired and had a lot of mould around the bath. The toilet was dirty with several hairs. Needed to run the taps for a while as the water was discoloured.
The evening meal was ok, but the breakfast was slightly better although no milk on the table for tea and coffee.
The hotel could have done with a face lift in the corridors and restaurant. Sadly won't be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
queensloc, Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello there,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with ourselves and feel that you would not return to stay with us again.

However, I am very shocked to hear with two duvets and the heating on in both the room and bathroom that you still felt cold; your husband had said that on returning from Cyprus he was feeling the weather change. Had we known how unpleasant you felt , the staff would have been more than happy to have moved you rooms.

I have spoken to house keeping regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom and inspected it myself - this is not mould round the bath it is discoloured silicone through constant use!

In regards to the breakfast milk it is our policy that milk is served to every table along with the tea and coffee. The member of staff on duty remembers serving you a milk jug and also being more than happy to refill it.

Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that our traditional decor was not to your liking.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way up to the north of Scotland and chose it as it had the ideal location to break our journey. Really easy accessible from the motorway and plenty of parking. I was impressed as the hotel is privatly owned and it has a warm feeling to it.
The staff are amazing and nothing is to much trouble, makes you feel like home and the food is very good and more than generous portions.
I will deffinetly be back and would reccomend it to anybody

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is only easily accessible by car. The decor in corridors needs refreshed. The room had been refurbished, but toilet was dirty, and hairs in the bath. Food average. Breakfast did not offer vegetarian options. Coffee cold and weak.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JAC2424
Reviewed 5 October 2013

During a wedding reception I attended, I went to the gents toilet only to slip and fall due to a wet floor and hurting my arm on the sink counter narrowly missing my head, as I came out in pain I said to the first member of staff I had hurt myself as I had slipped to their reply..... What do u expect! Thinking this was a staff member I was shocked! So I asked the bar staff to i wanted to speak to the manager or owner to my horror they said that person u spoke to was the owner!. I then went to reception to speak to the owner, only to over hear her comment through the back of reception about and I quote "I told him what do you expect"... I then said I heard that conversation to her reply... Can I help you??? Sorry yes you could have 10 minutes ago! I explained that I wanted to put forward a formal complaint as when the incident had happened and I required assistance there was no remorse for my injury or well being! When I stated I knew the SLTA president and the scottish president,she then totally backed down and apologised for her behaviour! Only because of this she did so, and gave me a hug and sympathy of pressure! It was terrible customer service and only because of the people I knew who could ask questions did she do so in apologising! Very poor ethics!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank LocalDumfries
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockerbie
Days Inn Lockerbie Annandale Water
#4 of 7 in Lockerbie
Holiday Inn Dumfries
Holiday Inn Dumfries
#3 of 7 in Dumfries

Been to Queens Hotel? Share your experiences!