“Lovely Stay in the Countryside”

Pickmere Country House
Ranked #3 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Renton, Washington
“Lovely Stay in the Countryside”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for two night as part of a group for my best friend's wedding - we had the whole place booked out. Absolutely fantastic stay - we were given room 7, on the second floor and overlooking the garden behind and countryside beyond. SUPER quiet spot - never heard a sound overnight.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and spacious for the 2 of us. Lovely en-suite bathroom with nice modern shower and fixtures. Large, fluffy, soft towels for use too.

Room decor blended antique furniture with modern amenities: flat panel TV, upholstered easy chair, with matching upholstered headboard and seat cushion on small desk.

Breakfast was fantastic - lots of cereal choices and I ordered poached eggs both mornings. Eggs were perfect - almost orange yolks. Tea and toast fab - and they come and take your order; service very speedy.

One small downside for me - I never could get the WiFi to work. The signal was there but my phone wouldn't connect. I guess when you're in the countryside you should be relaxing but since I was visiting from the US my phone doesn't work on the mobile phone networks and so WiFi was the only way to stay somewhat connected. Certainly not a huge deal...but a bit of a challenge nonetheless.

All in all...an excellent stay. Lovely location, lovely building, lovely room. I would highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Felicia-Pickmere, Owner at Pickmere Country House, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We did enjoy having you all to stay.
Should any guest have trouble connecting to the Wifi then please do come and see us, we can help you connect.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pimperne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very welcome break for an overnight stay on our way home from Scotland with our 8 month old Westie, Boris. We had the garden room which was perfect for the little fella and us, well nearly as it only had twin beds! We missed out on visiting the Red Lion which was a shame. The breakfast ingredients were lovely and tasty although the coffee a little weak for my liking. Friendly hosts and superb weather made for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review.
The Twin Room in the Garden Annex has twin beds which can be zipped and linked together to make a superking size bed, with prior notice we are able to do this for guests' comfort.
manchester
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I arrived at Pickmere house I was taken aback by how the beautiful the house is. I was greeted at reception by the lovely owner and shown to my room - a single room with a shared bathroom. The room was clean and very comfortable. The shared bathroom was very spacious, clean and had plenty of towels. I had a very comfortable nights sleep and made use of the television, generous coffee and tea facilities and fresh towels. Although the rooms windows faced the road, I had a very quiet and undisturbed nights sleep. In the morning I had breakfast (after I had been very nicely asked what time I would like breakfast) at 7am in a beautiful breakfast room. There was a wide variety of cereals and fruits, and I ordered the full English which I have to say was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I couldn't believe the fantastic value for money I received. I will definitely be returning! Thank you very much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank beautifulvoice1990
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This guest house was chosen for convenience visiting family friends 5 mins away. We had a family room, sleeping 3 of us - a double bed and 2 singles and ensuite- very comfortable and clean. The guest house is a 16th century grade 2 listed building and it's beautiful! The owners were very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. Delicious breakfasts. Beautiful antique furnishings, and lovely arty handicrafts made by the owner giving a lovely, homely feeling. Lovely gardens and very conveniently located for walks and eating out.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hove, East Sussex
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Absolutely loved my 2 nights at Pickmere Country Guest House. I was allocated room 5 on the second floor and the views out to the Cheshire countryside were stunning. Extremely comfortable nights' sleep. The room has all the amenities you need. And breakfast was particularly good. I'd highly recommend a stay here. Felicity is a great host. Knutsford and Alderley Edge are very attractive villages/towns nearby and well worth a visit. Lunch at the Red Lion in Pickmere was delightful as was afternoon tea at nearby Arley Hall. And if you're on the hunt for designer bargains, check out Cancer Care and the North West Air Ambulance shops in Alderley Edge and Knutsford.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed lovely...garden view or Cheshire plain view, each have something to recommend t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spent 2 nights at Pickmere in the Annex. Other family members were in the main house. Rooms in the house were spacious. This is a very old building so full of character with furniture to complement. Breakfast room and lounge welcoming with games for guests. The breakfast was very good and cooked to order with local produce. Hosts were on hand to booked taxis for us . Only downside was the en suite in the Annex which needs some T.L.C..

Room Tip: Stay in main house in superior rooms if you can
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Barcelona
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

What a place, a very welcoming meet up with the hostess felicity, there wasn't anything to fault with this guest house, she even organised a taxi to take us all out, and the breakfast was fabulous especially the porridge!!!, a great stay, rooms very clean, with hot drink facilities if needed,

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends