“4* but worth 5” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Great Wratting
“4* but worth 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife & I had B&B here on the night of 19th May 2014 and we can confirm that this place's "rave reviews" are thoroughly justified. They are not exaggerated.
This place is rated 4* but is worth 5 by our reckoning.
The welcome was real.
The room was excellent: the bed was comfortable, the place was nice & clean, the room's outlook was beautiful....across the green Cheshire countryside.
And the breakfast was truly magnificent! Much of the latter was home produced.
We have stayed in some good places & some bad ones too, and we have never minced our words when things were less than we would have expected.
And, Moss Farm could not be faulted.
And yes! We will be recommending it to all our friends.
It is near enough to the M6 & A556 to be convenient, and sufficiently far away for the traffic sounds to be inaudible.
While it is not easy to find, it is certainly well worth seeking out.

Room Tip: Book early to make sure you can get in!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
What a lovely review you have submitted - thank you. We really do appreciate the time you have taken to be informative to other prospective guests. I know your visit to the area was tinged with a little sadness and do hope that everything went well. You know where we are if you need to pop back. Take care, Pleasure to meet you both. thanks Rachel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

we stayed there twice, on the way travelling to Scotland, and back. the place is very secluded and it is dead quiet during the night. The rooms are beautifully decorated and clean, tea coffee facilities, delicious breakfast. In the morning, instead of a rooster waking you up, you have sheep (not too noisy though!). Rachel is a great host and very friendly, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
What a lovely review. It was a real pleasure welcoming you all to the farm. It was especially nice to see the children enjoying the countryside - albeit a bit cold!
Glad you had a good family Easter and we look forward to seeing you again sometime. Take care and - thank you - Rachel
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We recently got married at Peover Golf Club and decided to stay at Moss Farm. The night before the wedding with my mum and bridesmaids, and we then took over the whole b&b for the night of the wedding. What can I say, Rachel couldn't have done anymore for us, whatever we asked for it was provided. So many of my guests complimented me on chosing the b&b because they thought it was spectacular.

What was also amazing was we were the first newly weds to stay in the Paddy Shant, which is a beautiful honeymoon cottage. Everything was just perfect, Rachel even lit a fire so it would be lovely and cosy in their for when we returned.

Staying at Moss Farm truly made my wedding day even more brilliant, it turned it into a wedding weekend and I wouldn't think twice about recommending Moss Farm to future brides or people just wanting to escape to the country.

Amazing…!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
What a lovely review. It certainly was a great weekend for the wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed having all your friends and family staying here. The icing on the cake for us was you and Grant staying in the Paddy Shant we are so glad that you liked the place. It seemed quite romantic the bride and groom wandering down the path to your own private little cosy cottage. I have seen a snippet of the wedding video and you look stunning and beaming with happiness - aahh. All the best you make a wonderful couple X
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

So many reviews of B&B properties are written based on a weekend stay or just a few nights.
These visitors can only make their comments based only on this small window of occupancy - and often just a "one off" visit.
I therefore feel that I really can give a pretty decent review of a B&B that I have had the great pleasure to LIVE in for 3 months. Admittedly I was only there from Sunday night until Friday lunchtime, but I felt really like it was a true "home from home".
In January 2014 I started a 3 month contract at Barclays Bank IT Centre in Knutsford along with an ex-colleague from London. We were both keen to find some quality local accomodation and searched the Internet. My colleague had actually resigned himself to staying at the Holiday Inn. I did a quick search and soon found MOSS FARM. We were both very impressed with the pictures we saw on the website and were even more impressed on our arrival.
Rachel is a fantastic character - I felt like I had known her for years. What she has achieved with Moss Farm is amazing.
I was fortunate to stay in the truly regal bedroom in the Dairy conversion. I had looked at all the other 5 bedroom in there and they were all excellent - but I just loved the huge space in my bedroom.
The quality of furnishing, decor and cleanliness is excellent.
No money has been spared in ensuring that the Dairy looks like a cross between a Swiss Ski Chalet and an amazing Grand Designs project.
The kitchen is the largest I have ever seen - the lounge and dining room are fit for a king.
You really do feel like you are staying in a shared ski chalet where everybody is really nice and the "chalet girl" keeps the place running so well.
During the 3 months that I LIVED there, I met quite a few people that stayed for a night or two (as travelling salespeople or vets or business people) and they all spoke highly of the place, as they had had the misfortune of trying out other local B&B places before finding this hidden gem.

During my stay there, another colleague at Barclays popped over one evening to visit (he was surviving in the Holiday Inn) - and he also rapidly fell totally in love with the place.
The location is very convenient for Barclays IT Data Centre and is very easy to get to from Junction 19 on the M6.

For my first 2 weeks I had the Full English cooked breakfast - which was delicious.
Unfortunatly I had to think about my ever increasing waistline and therefore had to opt for eating my own breakfast in my room while watching my large flatscreen TV. I could have prepared and eaten my breakfast in the huge kitchen - but I just loved my bedroom so much. I am 6ft 2 and I foudn teh bed perfectly long enough for me. The shower has a Monsoon showerhead - which was like standing under a raincloud ... excellent !!!!

Moss Farm is also excellent for any Wedding guests or small family groups - it is also very popular for any of the events that are at the nearby Tatton Park http://events.tattonpark.org.uk/tattonpark.aspx?sa=10

In summary, I have travelled the globe staying in all types of B&B accomodation - and I really can say that I have found the hidden gem that is MOSS FARM.

I suppose I should give a balanced review and therefore must comment on the fact that this is a "working farm" - so don't be suprised if you hear a sheep in the night or you see some small cute lambs or some baby chicks or ducklings.

I highly recomend Rachel's hospitality at Moss Farm, don't bother looking at the other local competition, as there really is no competition ....

Room Tip: My room was the best - at the very end of the longest corridor in the Dairy Annexe (I forget what nu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Well Monty...what a lovely comprehensive review you have left. I know you loved the big bedroom and it was nice you appreciated all the hard work that has gone into the Grand Design. We are getting a little more into our stride with contractors. Once the utility room is finished there will be the facility to do your own washing and ironing - which will save me a job! It was a real pleasure to have you staying here and don't forget to call if you have a contract locally available. I know that Cost Co Manchester profits are down - wonder fi that's anything to do with you?????
take care Rachel
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've practically lived at Moss Farm weekdays throughout the months of January till April 2014 while working as a contractor. I've stayed at Bedroom 2 in the Barn conversion that sports both huge communal kitchen and lounge fitted with all modern equipment and facilities, free WiFi. All very well maintained and clean throughout. Rachel is a great host and looks after everyone well. It's a fantastic place to stay and relax. I've really enjoyed my time here and I would not hesitate recommending this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex K K
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Alex....Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your three month stay here. I am so glad that you felt as though you were at a home from home - I think that is important when you are working away. I must say I was well impressed with your cookery skills, you certainly tested all the kitchen appliances so at least we know they all work! I hope you will call if you find you are back in the area again sometime. In the meantime - good luck in Holland (I think!) take care Rachel
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have just returned from an excellent overnight stay here. As a family of 5 (3 children) it is often hard for us to find somewhere able to accommodate us but we stayed in 2 beautiful rooms which had interconnecting doors and a bathroom of a really high standard. Moss Farm is set in a stunning landscape, and has everything to excite children: lambs, ducks, sheep - we just wished we'd brought our wellies to make the most of it! Rachel, the host, is so welcoming and kind, even bringing us fresh milk to our room for a cup of tea when we arrived, and the room itself was amply stocked with a variety of teas, coffees, biscuits, water and fizzy drinks. The rooms are decorated to the highest standard with very comfy beds and the breakfast was amazing. The choice for breakfast was outstanding, everything from full cooked English to pancakes with maple syrup and lots more between. And of course as much cereal and toast as you wish for. Overall a fantastic place to stay with a lovely helpful host, highly recommended to families. Rachel also recommended us a fantastic pub around the corner where we had a delicious evening meal with childrens' options too - do ask her if you stay there!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review. It is always nice to have family groups here and the children were just so excited after their day at Alton Towers. I do hope you had a nice time at Jodrell Bank before heading off home. What a shame you had to work and couldn't manage that extra nights stay - maybe next time? Take care Rachel
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at Moss Farm for a wedding. Rachel was a great host, giving loads of useful information before our arrival (including an excellent taxi company) and during our stay. We stayed in the Rose Room which was beautifully furnished with proper period pieces, nicely decorated and absolutely spotlessly clean. The ensuite was huge, with a corner bath and shower attachment. There was tea. coffee and fresh milk in the room and, just in case we weren't properly fed at the evening reception, Rachel gave us the most delicious cherry frangipan tart with cream. Rachel's farm is in the middle of the countryside, with great views all round, though it's only 5 minutes drive from the M6. There were great walks and a variety of wildlife around - just right for working off the very generous and tasty breakfast which Rachel serves. Make sure you book in advance, Moss Farm is quite rightly a popular destination.

Room Tip: Rose Room is very light and has great views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Surreyite
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Glad you managed to get home safe and leave us a great review. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay here especially as you have stayed in so many B&B's on your travels. Hope you have a wonderful holiday in Thailand. Maybe we'll be able to welcome you again sometime if you find yourself travelling up north! Thank you and Take Care, Rachel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
The Hinton Guest House
The Hinton Guest House
#2 of 14 in Knutsford
The Mere Golf Resort and Spa

Been to Moss Farm? Share your experiences!