Cottons Hotel & Spa
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
Priceline
The Cross Keys(Knutsford)
US$119
Travelodge Knutsford M6(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$50
Travelodge
US$48
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
1,085 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubgirls nightsauna and steam roomlovely hotelcoffee machinefresh milkhen partylovely touchleisure facilitiesafternoon teaevening mealsandwichesfrom start to finishmanchester airportwhole experiencemain coursean overnight stay
997 - 1,002 of 1,085 reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Stayed here for a wedding . High expecations not met . Poor service in restaurant Scottish man running restaurant very snooty . Did not get paper I asked for in morning was told by receptionist just get a mail on Sunday from a nearby pile . I told her I did not order that and was given a shrug of the shoulders .. food very average for the price . If any of your party have avoided or midlands accents you can be sure that the staff will look down on you and generally be snotty . Never again

• Stayed: July 2010
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Obviously disappointed to read your feedback. Please do be assured that your comments will be taken on board and shared with the management team of the hotel, as all guest feedback is integral to ensuring that we are monitoring and maintaining our goals at all times and in all areas.
Please note that your experience is not indicative of the usual high standards we pride ourselves in and we do hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Mark C. Bowers

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Spent two nights at Cottons as we were attracted by favourable comments on this website.
The service was good and the room was clean. Good powerful shower in the bathroom with lots of hot water.
As keen members of the National Trust, we appreciated the close proximity to Tatton Park and Dunham Massey, and also got to sample a couple of lovely restaurants in Knutsford.
The swimming pool is fab- much larger than we imagined, where you can swim and feel that you've had a proper workout!
Our only gripe was the noise from the two wedding discos on our first night - wished I'd packed some earplugs. I'd specifically asked for a quiet room when booking the hotel so perhaps this was the best they could offer.
Would I recommend this hotel to others? Yes but check that there isn't a wedding!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank girlie30
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Thank you for your kind and positive comments and although I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, may I sincerely apologise for the loud music from one of our events that caused you disturbance in your room. When we do have events with entertainment at the hotel we do try to allocate the rooms closest to the event to those attending the event but, on this occasion, I apologise for our oversight.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the spa facilities and I do hope that this occurrence will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Please do not hesitate to personally contact me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Just stayed over on Sunday 27th march. I have to say that I was very plesantly suprised at how lovely this hotel is. It is quite small and not overly fancy or priced. Our room was quite small but very nice and clean. We did a spa package which included breakfast, dinner and a treatment. The food was excellent I was very pleased with what I got. The spa was very nice as well,the staff where so good and so nice. I really felt that they could not do enough for you in this hotel nothing was a problem. I will definatly be going back.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Wedgetraveller
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2011

Thank you for a great review. Such positive comments about our food and service are always very motivational to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Stayed the weekend in February whilst visiting family in the area. The hotel staff made our stay special. We shared a family meal on the Saturday evening both the bar staff and dining staff were so attentive, they couldn't do enough for us.
I had requested adjoining rooms and the housekeeping staff checked with us to ensure we were happy with the rooms and asked if we had everything we required.
The personal touch makes all the difference. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Thank you for your positive comments and I am delighted that we demonstrated such a high level of hospitality. I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

The ooms and condition of the building is lovely but let me right a list of basic gripes which really spoilt my stay:

Couldn't plug in laptop due to cosmetic design of the room (beading prevented the ply going in)
No coffee in the room (only decaf sachets)
Horrible plastic flower in otherwise nice room
Food in the bar very poor (I sent back 2 main meals) - although well delivered by a waitress who told me she was in Burger King before this hotel
They bost "high speed broadband" - you get 0.46Mbps - which is extremely slow - checked with speedtest.net

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

I am disappointed to learn of your gripes and can understand your frustration at not being able to use the socket in the room – I will arrange for this to be reviewed so that the socket is more easily accessed. Our normal standard is fresh ground coffee and decaf sachets in every room in the hotel, and I apologise if this was not present on this occasion.

We understand how important fast broadband is and it’s not generally an area I hear adverse comments about, but I will take the opportunity to review this with our provider in the light of your observations.

I am also sorry that, whilst you found the bar service good, you had to change your main course.

Should you return again, please contact me personally so that I may have the opportunity to demonstrate our genuine depth of hospitality and facilities.