“Nice place. Good rooms with comfortable beds.”

Cottons Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice place. Good rooms with comfortable beds.”
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Been staying here whilst away with work. Nice place. Lovely room with very comfortable bed and a brilliant electronically controlled shower. I'm really fussy about showers and absolutely hate hotels with useless showers and low water pressure. Here both are brilliant.
Free parking which is a must and a nice breakfast make this a great place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you for your complimentary feedback and great to read so many aspects hit the spot.
We look forward to your next visit.

Mark C. Bowers - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Mansfield - Notts
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I recently organised a weekend break at the Cottons for THIRTY ONE adults for a 30th Birthday. Everyone at Cottons made the weekend a fantastic one. Each and every one of the staff we met were a credit to the Hotel; polite, courteous, helpful, accommodating, approachable, I could go on.

Not one person from the party complained about their room. The pool and Spa was used by nearly everyone in the party, again, not one complaint. The food and restaurant was fantastic. Mel and Natalie the Restaurant Managers were incredibly helpful and accommodating. Esta in the Bar was a little gem. Debbie, the events Manager, and the Hotel Manager, Karen, answered my many emails and requests before we arrived and made several exceptions for us along with going that extra mile that makes a place like this worth recommending. It's worth noting that on the Saturday of our weekend at Cottons the hotel also had several other large groups at the hotel, including a wedding, and yet our party were still made to feel special and welcome. We had a closed section of the restaurant, a champagne reception, and our food was served timely and was of a high standard. Many members of our party commented on this, well done Cottons!!

I'm confident everyone in our party will be recommending you.

Thanks for a flawless weekend.

James Carrington and Hazel Webb

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your praising comments. I was delighted to read that all 31 adults enjoyed their weekend break and really pleased we have been able to meet your expectations. The team do try to go that extra mile and nothing is too much trouble, like you say, to make your stay more enjoyable.

Let’s hope we can accommodate your group again in the future and others based on your recommendation..

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here very recently. We paid extra for an executive room for extra space and comfort. The room was the smallest exec room I have seen. Less than 2ft from the bed was the bathroom doors which were made of frosted glass. The toilet is positioned immediately behind the doors. I therefore had the 'pleasure' of seeing my husband on the toilet and vice versa. Call me a prude but I believe that bathroom visits are private and I fail to understand why any designer felt that was a good idea.

The breakfast was £12.45 per person and the selection and quality was good. However, despite asking three times we only got our coffee, tea and toast when we had nearly finished our breakfast. Other tables that were part of a wedding got a fantastic service though.

I did complain and a very nice man rang to apologise. Apparently they try not to put couples in the room we were given, reserving it for singles. I had booked months in advance so I'm not sure what happened there. He offered us an upgrade to a suite if we book another break with a bottle of champagne in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't include a 'peep show bathroom
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dw1971
I am truly sorry that our frosted glass design feature partitioning the bathroom off from the bedroom made your stay uncomfortable and your comments will be taken into account when next refurbishing these particular Contemporary-style bedrooms.

With regard to breakfast, I was glad you enjoyed the quality of our offering, but sorry we let ourselves down with slow service of your tea and toast. With many other room types to offer, I do hope I may encourage you to return.

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The pool area is great, much better than a normal hotel. The rooms are nice but small. The restaurant service was horrible and expensive. I recommend eating elsewhere if you plan on staying here. The staff seem very inexperienced.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred T
Thank you for your positive comments about our facilities but, needless to say, I am disappointed we missed an opportunity to impress you in our restaurant given the many favourable comments we have received about our new menu concept.

We do sincerely hope that you may reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at this establishment for two nights recently. We have stayed at many hotels over the years but from the first moment of arrival at Cottons, I felt at ease and right at home. There is something about the hotel, staff and homely surroundings that it difficult to put into words. In short, a great hotel. A negative point of note though:

The food and drink served is excellent but rather expensive to my mind, even by hotel standards. Bring the car or get a taxi to Knutsford itself for food and beverages. Your wallet will thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Delighted to read that your stay was so enjoyable and I have passed on your kind comments to my team. We strive to provide friendly, helpful and excellent customer service and I’m pleased that we achieved this during your stay.

I was disappointed to read that you felt our food & drink offerings are expensive, although excellent, as we aim to be competitively priced, especially if you book on our dinner inclusive rates. Our new menu has been developed with this in mind – from light, simple bites and classic dishes to the opportunity to splash out on a special occasion and enjoy a grilled lobster or Chateaubriand.

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Went on one of their Spa break special deals , room no 128 was very nice indeed shower was brilliant , complimentary filter coffee biscuits various teas etc very comfy , pool and Spa great , loved the outdoor jacuzzi even though its November , nice facilities to eat , lunch was great , evening meal was lovely , I had pan roasted scallops , my wife chose the fish mixed grill , staff very attentive , breakfast was great and plenty of it , all in all a very nice hotel

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Your positive feedback and recognition of our attention to small details is a pleasure to note and will be shared with the hotel staff.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The look and ambiance of the entrance, bar and restaurant area cannot be faulted but it was a pity that our room didnt match this standard. The room was clean and quite large but in dire need of refurbishment especially in the bathroom - the light over the bath was coming away from the ceiling, the shower curtain rail was rusty and it all looked a little worn. We had booked a double room but seemed to have been allocated a twin room where the 2 single beds had been put together - obviously resulted in a huge bed, but one with a ridge down the middle and bedding which didnt quite reach where it needed to. Away from the bed and bathroom, there was a handle missing off a cupboard and we had to request more milk to enable us to have more than 1 hot drink each. That said, there was an iron and ironing board which came in very useful and the staff were wonderful. We didnt use the spa and due to that I would say that the room itself was overpriced.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna B
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
I apologise for the maintenance issues with your bedroom this will be addressed immediately and I am sorry this detracted from all the other positive aspect you highlighted. We hope to see you again soon.

Mark c. Bowers - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
De Vere Cranage Estate
The Cross Keys
The Cross Keys
#9 of 9 in Knutsford

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!