“A Wonderful Way To Celebrate 2014”

Cottons Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Cottons offers a New Year Package like many hotels, their offering was as near to enjoying a cruise on dry land. The staff are very personable and very much customer focused.

The food was excellent throughout.

The New Years Eve entertainment was hosted by Andy Powell who sang and entertained us all.

Would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel

Room Tip: We enjoyed an executive room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Great feedback and we are delighted to have been able to help you celebrate the New Year in style and I will share your comments with my team.

I hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back to Cottons.

Philip Walker

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

After a long drive check in was fine, the room was spacious and seemed nice but in the end only irritated.
Three examples:
1. Wall sockets mounted immediately above a dado rail so that none of my Apple chargers would go in the plug!
2. No remote for the TV in the bedroom area
3. Charging £7.00 for a not very fast internet connection is unacceptable. Yes there is free wifi but the speed makes it all but useless.

Based on reading the menu I’d booked a fully inclusive tariff for myself and a colleague. I ordered and whilst the dishes looked good and were well presented by friendly staff the food was bland and uninteresting.

Breakfast was again more show than substance, mediocre quality food served slowly: a 5 min wait for coffee isn’t good enough in what claims to be a business hotel.

Departure was going well until I offered an Amex Card; sorry sir, we add a 1.5% surcharge on Amex Accounts!!!

Cottons Hotel is part of a small group owned by a brewery chain, as such I expected a certain level of performance which was not met and the AMEX surcharge was the final straw. I’ll not go back and unless you put show over substance and like being ripped off with “extras” it is best avoided.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jenkspj
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I am pleased that you found your room spacious and our staff friendly. However, I am equally disappointed to read your negative comments and I can understand your frustration with regard to the examples given.

As you may have seen, the majority of our reviews are very positive so I have contacted you directly to discuss your feedback in more detail and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We booked our wedding back in February 2013 after being shown round the hotel in a very friendly informative and professional manner by Fiona. We have been to the hotel several times and have always been met with friendly faces and what ever we have asked has never been too much trouble, Fiona has put me and my partner totally at ease, we both attended a food tasting evening for the wedding, the food was excellent and service second to none.My wedding is on the 14th February and I have no worries or concerns and that is all down to Fiona and the amazing service at the cottons.

Stayed: January 2014
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of our hotel and I am genuinely delighted that you have had such a memorable experience with us.

Fiona and all my team will be so encouraged to read such positive feedback and we all look forward to hosting your wedding celebrations on 14th February.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 'girls night in' deal!! Was brilliant! Fantastic afternoon in the spa followed by amazing fresh food, drinks, movies and a goodie bag!! Great value for money and a brilliant way to celebrate my friends 30th!! Especially in our pjs!

The hotel rooms were clean, tidy and well presented! Plenty of towels and fluffy dressing gowns!!

In whole a brilliant time! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank bethan r

Fantastic feedback - our Girls Night In packages are extremely popular and I am pleased you had such an enjoyable visit to our Hotel and congratulations on such a special birthday!

Hopefully you will be visiting us again soon, maybe on one of our excellent tribute nights?

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Room was quite basic for money and looked out onto scaffolding and a skip full of rubbish! Noise at night was ridiculous ended up having to request to change rooms despite manager asking the offending party to keep noise down. Drinks in bar were overpriced and service at breakfast next day was slow. Would not go back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We are sorry that you were disturbed by the private function in the hotel and, of course, it is disappointing to note that your visit was not an enjoyable one. Whilst we want guests to enjoy themselves, we do try to police their conduct and I will share your experience with my team to re-emphaise our need to be proactive and firm in such matters.

The service issues you have highlighted will certainly be actioned with my restaurant manager. Please note that your experience is certainly not indicative of the usual high standards we pride ourselves in.

The hotel is currently undergoing external refurbishment and the scaffolding has been erected and the skip in place to facilitate the replacing of all windows and for the hotel to be given a coat of paint.

All guest comments are integral to ensuring that we are monitoring and maintaining our goals at all times and again we thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights just to chill out in the spa & eat great food. Really felt relaxed and was impressed by the lovely staff and how clean the place was. Very child freindly as are the other shire hotels which is why we chose here. Only negatives are that the pool area was very busy due to local swimming lessons, so nowhere to sit or even leave your robe, and the outdoor hot tub was out of order for the whole of the second day. Having said that the positives were so good that we're already planning our next visit.
Special mention to the ladies in the restaurant as they were excellent. Well done cottons.

• Stayed: January 2014

Delighted to read that you are ‘Shire regulars’ and I will pass your comments onto the restaurant team who are always wanting to make sure our guests have the best possible experience.

From time to time the pool does get exceptionally busy, it is always difficult to know exactly how many people will use it at once. I can only apologise that on this occasion you were not able to have enough ’pool time’ and, hopefully, on your next visit you will be able to take advantage of all the Spa facilities.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've stayed here three times over the years, once for pleasure and twice for business. Service has always been great and the food delicious. No particular problems and the spa is great. Drinks are expensive as mentioned in other reviews but no more so than you would expect. There's nothing extremely special about The Cottons but a it deserves a solid four stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Very pleased to read that we managed to tick all of your boxes throughout your stay and delighted to read your comments regarding our service and food.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and generally our bar prices are competitive with other similar properties.

We hope you welcome back to Cottons soon.

Philip Walker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
#2 of 9 in Crewe
The Park Royal
The Park Royal
#1 of 3 in Stretton

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!