“Very impressed.”

Cottons Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed for the weekend after bidding for it in a charity auction. We don't usually stay in large hotels for pleasure, preferring a country pub, but this place has changed my mind! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was lovely, spacious and clean with the added touch of bathrobes, fresh milk and coffee and a fridge. We played tennis, swam, used the gym and even ventured Into the outdoor hot tub, bliss. I had a wonderful facial, the spa staff are professional and skilled. We ate in the bar both nights, lots of cosy nooks and crannies and even a wood burner. Food was good and reasonably priced. It was refreshing to see some quality beers on tap too for the other half ! Well worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CottonsHotel, General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us a Cottons.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and extra small details that made your stay more memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Regards

Philip Walker

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last weekend as a party of 5 on the express spa weekend. The hotel itself is lovely throughout. Nice rooms, spa and restaurant. We arrived at 2pm and decided to have lunch and cocktails in the bar. The wait was slightly ridiculous considering it was quiet. We waited ages for food, drinks and the bill. Although it was all lovely when it did arrive.

The spa facilities are all lovely although too many kids around for my liking in the pool.

Dinner was included and we got a £35 allocation each which covered a delicious 3 course meal. Pate, steak and shortbread with salted caramel ice cream - fantastic meal. The only downside was the service literally ages for any food or drinks ordered. Upon asking a few times after an hour between the starters and mains we were given a bottle of champagne as an apology. Nice touch and really appreciated.

Breakfast was pretty much the same long wait for toast and tea/coffee but a fantastic choice and quality.

I has a facial in the spa which was bliss!

We really enjoyed our stay and we would return hopefully to a few more staff and less waiting.

Bargain at £105 each with dinner and a choice of treatment.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
CottonsHotel, General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay.

I was really pleased that you enjoyed your spa break with us and that commented how good the food was during your stay.

We will of course take on board your comments regarding the speed of service you encountered, this is not something that we get wrong very often and we will make sure that our staffing levels are reviewed in order to provide the right levels of service you expect from a hotel of our standard.

We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice now and its a great place to be its quiet and classy, the spa facilities are great the foods great the rooms are great parking is good too. I cant think of anything bad about this hotel to be honest. The service is brilliant. 10/10

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
CottonsHotel, General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your fantastic feedback, its great to get a 10/10 for the team.

They really work so hard to make our guests experience the best it can be.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes

Philip Walker - General Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Set in the idyllic Cheshire countryside, Cottons Hotel and Spa has undergone some major refurb since my last visit in 2008 for a wedding I attended. From dark and gloomy to bright and comfortable interiors, the decor was befitting of the area and the ambience created by the venue was just right.

I visited Cottons Restaurant to have dinner with friends and I was instantly taken back by the "Taste of Cheshire" selection. In what I can only describe as, 'a modern day ploughman's lunch but a thousand times better' the selection was something to be really impressed with. Locally grown food and produce, supporting the best that the region has to offer, few, if any dining establishments in the local area does such a thing. The three beetroot salad is a masterpiece in itself, and I have to say, for that dish alone, I would happily go back.

The rest of the food that came from the kitchen was really well done, good portion sizes along with an array of friendly service at every point of the meal. You couldn't ask for more... well, more beetroot salad if possible ;).

Food 5/5
Service 5/5
Ambience 5/5

If you're looking to go somewhere to eat locally produced food, in a comfortable and relaxing environment whilst enjoying the best that Cheshire has to offer in one place, Cottons has to be on your shortlist!

Room Tip: Taste of Cheshire, all the way!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at our restaurant.

The "Taste of Cheshire" table has really been a great success and has proved extremely popular with our resident and non resident guests.

Really pleased you enjoyed the beetroot salad, a local speciality here at cottons.

We really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Philip Walker - General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This was a fantastic short break away.ex value for money.staff were lovely,food fantastic,very clean.The spa was really nice and clean.Loved the outside Jacuzzi!the rooms were really nice very clean lots of towels.had a fantastic meal the staff were really friendly.breakfast was really nice lots to choose from.would highly recommend we will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Fantastic comments, thank you so much. We hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back to Cottons for more Cheshire hospitality.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here overnight on business on 12th February. I thought everything was excellent.

The conference facilities were some of the best I've seen. The bedroom was clean, well appointed and well sound proofed which is important to me. The leisure facilities were just perfect after a long day learning. Food was spot on at lunch, dinner and breakfast.

The staff are a credit to the hotel and good training shows. Many other hotels could learn much from this hotel. Check-in and check out were swift but they took the time to explain the facilities and ask if I'd had a good stay which many hotels don't. The leisure staff were helpful and welcoming and thought nothing of lending me a pound coin for the lockers so I didn't have to trek back to my room. The lady serving the breakfast was nice to have a chat to in the morning even though they'd been working long hours to cover staff who couldn't make it in work due to the terrible weather the previous night across the UK. The hotel had also made a lot of travellers welcome at the last minute welcome for dinner as they waited out the weather and local road closures.

I would definitely stay for leisure and I'm looking forward to staying here again over the coming year for my residential training course.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on business recently. I am delighted that we managed to tick all of your boxes throughout your stay and that the team were on hand to help with any requests.

Our staff always aim to go that extra mile and to meet all of our guests’ needs so I was pleased to read that they achieved this with you. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team, who will be equally pleased.

It’s good to see that you’re returning for a residential training course and we look forward to seeing you then.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

arrived early on valentines day and was let into the room earlier than antisipaated. At the time we arrived there was a large wedding party in the bar which made it slightly uncomfortable when trying to order at the bar.
Food in the evening was very good and well presented. Only issue was we were kept waiting when ordering our desserts; we had to call them over as they had forgot about us.
Spa facilities where also very good and would recommend but very pricy so make sure you take extra to cover these luxuries.
Breakfast was ok, we wanted granary toast for breakfast and was told it was granary when in fact it was warbies wholemeal bread.There is a difference between the two.
Check out was seemless and smooth. The overall experience was very good and would recommend. I have signed up for their membership in the other hotels and pubs. I have been picky in some of my review but for the price you pay you expect the best.
All the staff where excellent

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Whilst there appears to be many aspects of your stay which you enjoyed there does seem to be a few slight issues that could have made it better.

I am, however, puzzled by your feedback with regard to our Spa facilities. All residents have full use of the Spa (leisure facilities) on a complimentary basis. Guests only pay for Spa treatments (health & beauty). I would not want other reviewers to be misled by your comments.

Finally, welcome to Shire Hotels’ Infinity programme and we look forward to welcoming you at Cottons and our sister properties.

Philip Walker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!