“Stay away if gluten free!!”
Review of Loch Fyne - Knutsford - CLOSED

Loch Fyne - Knutsford
Price range: US$46 - US$83
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Went in for a meal service was great. Although they had no gluten free bread which I though was poor and then when told the waiter that one member of our group was gluten free they told us which meals to have and the results of which they fell terribly ill due to one of the meals suggested by the waiter obviously had gluten in it... Very poor. And another member asked for a medium cooked steak. When arrived it was rare!! If not blue!! Then when asked to be re cooked they did and when brought back it still wasn't medium!! Food was very bland and poor!!! Please check your gluten free food as it can end in devastating results!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

On Sunday 4 of us went for a few drinks in Knutsford and ended up in Loch Fyne for dinner.
I had Lobster Bisque to start with and followed with grilled Hake. It was cooked perfectly. Fellow diners started with Mackerel Pate and then Fish and chips. Everyone declared it was perfect.
Cheesecake, Creme Brulee and of course, Sticky Toffee Pudding. Wonderful, and the service from Rebecca was superb. Thanks for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

As I was treated to a Father's Day meal on Sunday 15th June I feel slightly churlish writing about the negatives, so will try to be balanced. We were met on arrival by the well presented and professional manager who was excellent throughout. The restaurant was fairly busy but by no means full. I ordered 6 oysters (main reason for choosing Loch Fyne) to start. My better half just went for a main course. So really the oysters should have been ready quickly. After 20 minutes I went to the loo and passed a plate of 6 oysters waiting to be served on the side counter of the shellfish chilled area, came back and they were still there. Sat at the table and after another 10 minutes asked My wife to go and check if they were still there as nothing had arrived at the table.......sure enough there they still were. Once this was pointed out the manager apologised and replaced the oysters with freshly opened ones, and "on the house". So it was dealt with properly but still took some shine off the dinner. The main courses arrived after another long wait, again quality was fine but why such a wait??? Finally we ordered some dessert. Me a cheesecake, my wife a cheese board.......fairly simple, yet again a 20 minute wait. All in all we were there for over 2 hours. Many customers near us were getting apologies for the waiting time, and there was quite an uncomfortable feeling to the whole experience. Such a shame because the food was fine overall. Won't be rushing back. Manager was excellent, staff need a good shake up.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love that they try to stick to sustainable seafood. Including line caught cod! I could not fault the menu and I found it affordable for the quality of food. I would eat here every day if the service was better! It is not bad but, can be a bit indifferent.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Comfort is so important to enjoying your food and good company - however the tables in this supposedly specialist fish restaurant are very small, cramped and too close together! The Crab salad was rather tasteless, the Tempura Squid was ok but some was just bits disguised and deep fried.
My "special" whole Sea Bass was over cooked and thus "dry" and more difficult to remove skin properly.
As with other annoying practices, everything was extra to maximise profit!
Historically I am not always inclined to "Hammer" poor value restaurants but this one deserves it!!
More comfort, better food, especially fish is available at many great pubs in Cheshire.

2  Thank Chris H