“My 50th Birthday Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mere Golf Resort and Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“My 50th Birthday Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

You turn off the road onto a private road with Golf courses iether side of your car. The path then opens up into a generous car park with ample parking. You are greeted by the conceirge with a very warm welcome and they escort you to reception. The staff who I met throughout my stay were very polite, well presented, freindly and always there.

Sorry, I was away with myself. We arrived on Thursday 7th of march and left on Saturday 9th march.. I couldn't ask for better service. Everything was dealt with to a very high professional standard. Our room over looked the golf course,the lakes and some fantastic looking properties, absolutely stunning.. The breakfast, evening meals and room service were all excellent and reasonably priced..

The spa, what can I say. Again we were greeted by some lovely staff who made us feel welcome. My wife had fantastic treatments which were done in a very professional atmosphere by very welcoming therapist.. At the end of the treatments she was given sorbet and a glass off ice water. What a very nice touch.

The spa area itself was clean, calming and relaxing. My favourite parts was just chilling out. Everything was fantastic!! We will definitely be returning again and I would definitely recommend to anyone whether it be with your partner, your mates or even a girlie getaway

Absolutely Fantastic. Well done to all at the The Mere.

Room Tip: They all seemed pretty darn excellent. The bedding is just lush.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed at The Mere Hotel for two nights with my 3 sisters. We booked a deal with secret Escapes which included 2 nights dinner, bed & breakfast with 20% off our spa treatments, we weren't disappointed. Firstly the rooms were very tastefully decorated and very large. The bed was so comfortable. The only downside was that there was no mini bar and the fridge that is in the room wasnt very cold so the Champagne that we bought wasn't chilled. The breakfast was a buffet style but it was excellent. The gym and the spa was amazing and my treatment was a full body massage, so relaxing. We had a meal in the hotel restaurant called Browns. The food and the service was 5* in fact all the staff couldnt do enough to help. I will definatley be coming back to this hotel for another relaxing stay. Oh and one other thing, dont go into Knutsford town centre, theres nothing there but a couple of cafes and a few dress shops which in my opinion were old fashioned and out dated.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor but the rooms above had balconies with table and chairs and little nig...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday 10th of march and left on Tuesday the 12th march.. Despite having to be moved to three different rooms,, we couldn't of asked for better service they dealt with everything professional and very quickly making sure we could enjoy the rest of our stay.. We were upgraded to a stunning room which over looked the golf course,the lakes and some fantastic looking properties, absolutely stunning.. The breakfast, evening meals and room service were all excellent and reasonably priced..

As for the spa, again we were greeted by some lovely staff who made us feel welcome.. And we had two fantastic treatments which were done in a very professional atmosphere by very welcoming therapist.. At the end if the treatments we were given sorbet and a glass off ice water,, which we thought was a very nice touch..

The spa area itself was clean, calming and relaxing!! Our favourite part where the showers in the changing room they were fantastic!!

We would definitely be returning here again and would definitely recommend to anyone whether it be with your partner or a girlie getaway!!! Absolutely brilliant!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Business meeting and over night stay, this is a great hotel, all the staff that I came in contact with were polite friendly and helpful, the room was clean modern and well presented with great views of the golf course.

Browns restaurant gave great food well presented, service a little slow but not an issues, drinks in the bar very pleasant and warm again in modern comfortable decor.

I would recommend this hotel

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Knutsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

First, the good. This is a new hotel and a lot of effort has been put into the decoration of the rooms. They are very comfortable, with firm beds, well appointed bathrooms and tasteful decor.
Now the not so good. We attended a wedding celebration here, intending to take advantage of the golf and spa the next day, as offered by the 'wedding coordinator'.
The organisation of the reception was absolutely appalling, from the failure to set up a childrens room, as promised, to an 'on the day' increase of golf fees above those promised. In between, one of our party slept on a sofa in a family suite because 'there were no available beds' to put in the (booked) room.
The spa banned children from 11:00am rendering the promised use of the facilites pointless. It goes without saying that this might have been mentioned beforehand! Even a sleeping baby was ordered out - rule, evidently, are rules!
The George Duncan Suite, where the evening festivities were held, had been fitted with a removable dance floor which fell apart leaving gaps through which many ladies' shoes were damaged and causing one of the guests to hurt her back after jamming her heel in a gap and falling.
The bar was serviced by staff who couldn't operate the till meaning queues of up to an hour to be served. Really! One of our enterprising number gave up and bought his round at the hotel bar downstairs - much quicker.
The happy couple found the promised chocolates (nice touch!) delivered not to their room but to his brother (not so nice delivery!). Partly made up for the lack of a bed perhaps!
The 'wedding coordinator? Conspicuous by her absence.
Would we use this hotel again? Draw your own conclusions!

Room Tip: Higher numbers on the first floor are further from the public rooms. Beware the hen and stag parties...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MGF03
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here in February of this year with some friends and we all had a fantastic time. Our room ovelooked the tennis courts and was beautifully appointed you really could not fault the facilities in the room and also the quality of the furnishings.We spent the afternoon in the spa which has a great swimming pool , Gym and several sauna/steam rooms. There are some very nice areas around the pool where you can relax and order drinks from the bar which we took full advantage of.
We had a very nice light lunch in the spa bistro and in the evening we dined in Browns restaurant, The food was outstanding ! we all had steak and agreed it was just about the best steak ever ( rib eye ). The service and staff were both superb.
My one petty complaint is that they serve a buffet type breakfast which I am not a great fan of but at least they cook eggs to order.
The residents bar is a great place for after dinner drinks and the choice of malts went down a treat with us !

All in all a really enjoyable stay and our daughter is getting married at the venue next year so it was nice to try out the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the function suites
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was disappointed that we were allocated room 200, which happened to be THE closest room to the George Duncan Suite, and we happened to be there during a wedding reception. I was awake until around 2am, listening to every lyric of every song, then listening to the wedding party resume their fun in the corridor right outside my door singing, clapping and running around. No fault of the wedding party of course, they are there to have a good time, but surely common sense should be exercised with whoever allocates the rooms! Why wouldn't you put the attendees of the wedding reception right next to the party, seen as though they would be attending the party and thus not in the room to be disturbed!! The receptionist asked if everything had gone well when we checked out, if she hadnt have asked I wouldn't have even said anything but I thought, seen as though prompted, they might actually appreciate the feedback for future. Unfortunately, the receptionist essentially told me no one else had ever complained, my view is that was probably because whoever had stayed in that room before had actually been attendees at whatever party was being held in the George Duncan Suite and so had not been in the room to endure it. I didnt appreciate being asked for feedback to essentially have it suggested to me that I was lying. I'm not one to complain, the hotel was lovely and the food was great, but the lack of common sense from who allocated the room, and the somewhat dismissive receptionist let the trip down. My suggestion would be for that particular receptionist to sleep in that room whilst an event is being held, perhaps if she witnessed it herself she would have more sympathy, and I am certainly not a light sleeper!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank J3nna
Tom D, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Reviewer,

It is great to hear you enjoyed the food at the resort and the hotel itself. I am very sorry to hear about your interrupted night’s sleep; and for this we sincerely apologise.

We will be working to ensure this doesn’t happen again with staff training and operational changes.

I am sure on your next visit this will be resolved and you will be able to have a great night sleep in our fabulous Hypnos beds.

If you would like to contact me directly about your stay please call 01565 830 155.

Many thanks

Tom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,985 reviews
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!