The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Golden Pheasant(Knutsford)
US$127
The Hinton Guest House(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$101
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$47
US$171
US$136
US$121
US$103
Longview Hotel(Knutsford)
US$123
Pickmere Country House(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
US$85
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Knutsford M6(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
1,352 results
All reviewsbrowns restaurantthe club loungesalt roomaromatherapy associatesoverlooking the lakechanging roomsafternoon teaunderfloor heatingrelaxation roomjunior suiteevening mealtreatment roomsbottle of proseccofood was lovelysteam roomrobes and slipperscar park
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a great spa break however checked out of the hotel feeling displeased and unsatisfied.
We were on a bed and breakfast rate.
Leading up to the check out, everything was perfect, the surprise champagne in the room went as planned, the spa facilities where immaculate and totally luxurious, the bed was amazingly comfortable, the room was cosy and modern and the staff helpful and polite. We decided to eat in The Browns restaurant because we had heard so many positive things about it and thought it could be a bit of a pain finding somewhere to eat off the resort. We decided to have a couple of cocktails in the resident bar before our meal. The setting was peaceful and the staff couldn't have been any more friendly.
We were then introduced to our waiter of the evening who gave us two menus; A la Carte menu and a smaller menu. We were then informed that we had a dinner allowance of £23 on the A la Carte menu or we could pick two courses from the smaller menu and would only have to pay for drinks and extra sides. I then questioned this information when we were informed of this because we did not realise that we were eligible for this allowance. He told us that we were eligible for the allowance and to chose accordingly. My boyfriend was overwhelmed at this and decided to get the £31 fillet steak. My boyfriend works in a three rosette restaurant and we have eaten in a lot of fine dining places but this was the most expensive fillet we had ever come across however with the allowance he thought he should give it a try. We ordered off the A la carte menu and got starters, mains and sides. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We then enjoyed a glass of red and headed back to our room. We had decided not to pay there and then (wish we had of now) and just put it on the room bill to be paid when checking out. When checking out, we were given our room bill of £137. I had put champagne on the room too which cost £28 which left the food bill at £109. We questioned this because of the allowance we were 'entitled' to and the receptionist then went and got another lady to come and speak to us to 'resolve' the problem.
We were told there had been a 'miscommunication' and there was nothing the hotel could do? (very strange response). As the conversation continued we were repeatedly asked ' what are we expecting?', 'what would we like her to do?' and told that 'unfortunately its one of those things'. There was no good will gesture, there was no meeting us half way - nothing. Luckily my boyfriend had his debit card to pay the outstanding balance but a bill we thought was going to be £63 turned out to be £109. We now wish we had of eaten somewhere else because we would not have racked up a bill of £109 and probably would have left feeling happy. Had there have been a little leeway given on The Meres behalf we would have left very happy and satisfied. When asked about our experience by others when we returned home the first thing we mentioned is the fact that our perfect experience was tarnished and the unhelpfulness of the staff on reception. Yesterday I emailed the guest relations manager to which I am still awaiting a response - hopefully not the same as the ladies on reception.
This hotel was booked as it was a very special occasion and The Mere seemed like the perfect location.
I would have given the rating five had it not have been for the staff on reception and the inability to solve what at first was a minor issue.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Meggygee,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your recent stay with me today.

I hope that after our conversation you now feel assured that your query was dealt with appropriately and has been fully explained to you.

The menu options are there for guests to choose from but the inclusive menu is ideally designed for guests staying on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. The Spa Breaks booking you made was for bed and breakfast only so therefore the Al a Carte menu that you chose was probably the better option.

As the package wasn’t booked directly with ourselves I am sincerely sorry that we were not able to do much more for you upon your departure.

As we discussed in detail I know on the whole you both enjoyed your stay with us and you were very kindly complimentary about our resort.

You now have my direct email address so please do feel free to contact me and let me know when you will be staying with us again in the future. I would like an opportunity to personally meet and greet you; it would be so nice to put a face to a name.

Kindest Regards

Lauren Yates

Reviewed 26 January 2014

my friend and i have just spent a great spa break, the room was immaculate, bottle of prosecco in fridge a lovely touch, good food and the treatments were luxurious, the staff were very friendly and helpful especially Dave the concierge nothing was too much trouble for him.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynnedglover
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Booked this place for a family gathering got bottle of fizz dinner bed and breakfast for 150 per couple on a special offer. Men all played golf and loved the course. Food was excellent. Spa totally luxurious. Rooms delightful. Only reason I didn't give full marks is the service although lovely was a bit haphazard you could order drinks and they may or may not have turned up. Didn't detract from the weekend and we want to return on that offer without the kids!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Spent this weekend with my partner at The Mere. She booked us into the Spa for a mud therapy which was certainly an experience. The staff were very attentive and the facilities were first rate.

The hotel itself was excellent and very luxurious. The rooms were immaculate with a very large TV and the most comfortable bed I can remember sharing.

The breakfast was top quality produce across the board. There were only a couple of small niggles. The cooked breakfast was serve yourself and the plates were almost too hot to hold. We ate at a very busy time and having only one toaster meant a bit of a traffic jam and delays waiting for people to cut their own slices of the excellent fresh loaves, and my partner found shell in her scrambled egg .... but at least she knew they were fresh. There were only slight delays in restocking the buffet tables with fresh pastries and hot food.

Overall a great break and recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear LaCrosseRef,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review regarding your recent stay.

May I assure you that the “small niggles” you reported to us have now been passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager to prevent them from reoccurring again in the future. I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding this matter.

I can see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind compliments regarding our resort.

We hope you will be back soon

Kindest Regards

Lauren Yates

Reviewed 16 January 2014

A group of us booked a spa day at The Mere and we had a truly wonderful and relaxing time. The facilities are as luxurious as you would expect but with enough added extras to make you appreciate that someone has really thought about how to make your visit special. The pool area is fabulous especially the jacuzzi and treatment rooms. The staff are attentive and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The changing rooms were spotless and really well designed so you never felt too crowded even when it was fairly busy. I have never seen so many neatly rolled towels in my life!
The food was very good, lovely and fresh with a great balance of healthy and luxurious, I only wish I had saved room for pudding!
The massage and facial I had was excellent and I really loved the Aromatherapy Associates products. Everywhere you went, the spa smelt wonderful. Little details, from heated treatment beds with flowers to look at underneath (if you could keep your eyes open!) to a little shot of sorbet to refresh you after and the lovely calm relaxation room with comfy beds and duvets, just went that extra mile. It was the perfect place to chill out and feel pampered. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends