“Perfect combination”
Review of Belle Epoque

Belle Epoque
Ranked #7 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The Belle Epoque in Knutsford, Cheshire is not only a fabulous restaurant but also a charming hotel as I just discovered.
I stayed with my 2 year old and nanny last week and took 2 rooms. It was just the perfect locationin the heart of the sweet village of Knutsford. With a playground and river with ducks, 2 minutes walk away and stunning Tatton Park at the end of the road, I could easily do my business while my son was entertained. The rooms were also just what we needed...plenty of room for luggage, even a cot and large bathrooms. I loved the design and layout of the rooms, modern but very practical and gave the feeling of being at home. The staff bent over backwards to make us feel taken care of. They really could not have done more to make sure we had all we needed, which can be especially challenging with a 2 year old. The sausages and bacon for breakfast were probably the best I have ever tasted.
Also fabulous to have superfast internet connection as I had a fair amount of work to do on this trip. Thank you. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank snayar
CCCCheshire, Owner at Belle Epoque, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Thank you for your kind comments. It was a please to host your visit from India and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2010

As a wedding photographer for twelve years I can definitely say that The Belle Epoque is one of our favourite wedding venues. Our brides and grooms have been looked after wonderfully and we would happily recommend it as a venue to others.

I feel I must strongly disagree with another photographer's view on the "lady owner". She does a wonderful job of running the Belle Epoque and we have had a very good relationship with her since our first wedding. The whole team there are fantastic, and we can happily say that after photographing weddings regularly there over several years. They really care about making a wedding day special.

Overall, we think The Belle Epoque should definitely be on your short-list if you are planning a wedding.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Shuttergirl_Chester
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This is the best restaurant I have ever been to, so much so that is a few months I am holding my wedding reception here.
Everyone I have spoken to who has ever been to a wedding at the Belle Epoque has said how amazing it is and all the reviews I have seen of weddings there have said the same. The attention to detail is impecable.
I have dined there twice now and am due to again in a few weeks.
The first meal I had there was fantastic and the second I would go as far to say was the best meal I have ever had and believe me I've had a fair few....
I am not sure where the people have been eating who have given bad reviews but its clearly not been the same place as me!
And as for the wedding photographer - well, the guest who was at your wedding summed you up I feel!
Maybe the fact there was no bog standard luke warm food and swirly patterned carpet on the floor aka the style of most wedding venues in the area, made you feel out of place!
Do not hesitate - make a visit!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sausagegirl13
Reviewed 8 January 2010

I think some photographers like the sound of their own voice, I attended the wedding in question and this photographer thought he was on the cover shoot of the latest vogue magazine! The lady in charge did put him in his place and quite right too, what a rude man.

Helen from Cheshire

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My wife and I stayed here recently en-route to Scotland. The hotel is right in the middle of Knutsford, a small market town a couple of miles from the M6. The building is stunning inside and out, if you love Art Nouveau you will be in your element. We arrived in the afternoon, the check-in proceduce was "informal". We then sat by a roaring fire and tucked-in to some lovely Winter Pimms.
The rooms were lovely and very comfy. Our room had a large bathroom well lit. There is no room service as such although a couple of thihgs we asked for were brought to the room. I would some this place up as a fabulous restaurant with rooms. If you want somewhere stylish and informal its perfect.
The restaurant deserves a special mention, the decor and food are stunning and we enjoyed a three hour feast for a really memorable evening.
(My wife says I have to make a special mention of the Pigeon Tart)

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidwatts040
Reviewed 22 December 2009

We booked here for our work Christmas do and to be fair they greeted us well however things took a turn for the worse when we sat down for our meal. I asked for sparkling water and was told that they had run out and my colleague asked for Cranberry juice and they just looked at him like he was mad. My other colleague ordered a steak which was pricey at £30. It was fillet steak and had a huge piece of gristle in the middle of it that my colleague couldnt eat. The chef came out and said he had taken the steak into the kitchen and had cut it with no problems and kicked up a stink about it. He offered us the price of the steak -50% but this wasnt acceptable as it was inedible. Worse still the desert menu offered online wasnt the menu we were offered in the restaurant. Overall the food was tasty but three of our party of four had diarreah and stomach cramps the next day. This really ruined our Christmas festivity and we will not be going there again.

• Stayed: December 2009
5  Thank Jontif
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We had our wedding here in November 2009. It was fantastic and the venue and staff were so much apart of the day. Don't listen to the bad reviews - they obviously haven't been to the same place. We had a wonderful time; the staff were fantastic and very attentive. We had our ceremony at the venue and it was held in a wonderful room, lit with as many candles as we could provide! The registrar for the area was really nice and everyone commented on how nice the ceremony was. The food was excellent and the service first class. The day ran like clockwork and we were really impressed with everything. We had a full wedding breakfast followed by evening buffet. We were very pleased that the venue allowed us to choose three choices for each course PLUS a vegetarian option. This was excellent as everyone didn't have to have the same - we just had to send out the menu choices in advance with the invitations. This was greatly appreciated by the guests who didn't expect such a varied choice. The buffet was again excellent and there was far too much food to go around. Mark, the head waiter, was fantastic and calmed my nerves when the evening band turned up late! It was Friday, 13th after all and he changed the timings of the food, etc accordingly while the band set up. We had a really fantastic time and yes we are the bride and groom but everyone commented on what a fantastic venue it was and what fantastic food had been served.

If you are thinking about the venue as a wedding venue then don't hesitate - it is fantastic and you will not regret it. We have also eaten in the restaurant on other occasions and always enjoyed the food.

Roll on our anniversary when we will definately be back.

Many thanks to all at the Belle Epoque.

Bev & Simon