“overnight stay from Wales”

Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Very comfortable room although outlook was a bit poor from the window. Did not matter as the gardens were super and drinks taken there were better than drinking in the room. Meals were excellent especially dinner. Breakfast was bufet style with eggs done to order. As is usual we sent back toast as it came with our coffee and we do prefer warm toast after our cooked breakfast. No problem all Hotels do it! Initially hotel not easy to find. We stayed mid week and no functions were at Hotel. We had to go to our room past the function room (looked great). Very quiet room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian P
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Ian P,
Thank you very much for your lovely review, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We called ahead to ask for a travel cot. On arrival at 9pm we found no cot, no hot water in our bathroom, the fridge had half a beer and an opened smoothie in it and 2 out of 4 lights working. Staff attempted to change the light bulbs and the power went completely, leaving us in darkness until the duty manager changover 2 hours later. The view from our room was also not 4 star, uncut grass and a concrete fence. Whilst staff were polite there was no apology from the duty manager and we would not rate this as a 4-star experience. When leaving we noticed an empty champagne glass in the flowerbed and 3 cigarette butts in the foyer, I think we were caught up in the aftermath of a good party!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophie B
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear SophieB,

Thank you very much for your feedback. First of all I would like to apologise for the poor service that you received on Sunday night and I can assure you that this is not the kind of feedback the team and I want to read or indeed aim for.

I was a bit surprised to read that no-one apologised to you. I was made aware of the problem with the electric and the left overs in the fridge first thing on Monday morning, and asked Andy my Reception Manager to apologise on my behalf as I was not on site, and also not to charge you for your stay which he did. I then personally emailed you yesterday morning to apologise again.

With regards to the electricity, unfortunately we had a problem with our fuse box and our Duty Manager could not fix it. I believe that he offered you an alternative room but you declined this offer.

I am also confused to read that your room overlooked a concrete fence? Our rooms overlook a farmer's field. For the uncut grass, I do have to agree with you that it needs cutting, but with the wet weather we have had lately, it has been very difficult to keep up with this.

I do hope this will not stop you from using us again, and if you wished to do so or to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that your stay is a good one.

Regards

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Went here on a Travel Zoo voucher for afternoon tea. What a lovely setting for a relaxing afternoon. Unfortunately the weather wasn't up to sitting in the garden, but had it been it would have been an added bonus. The cream tea was served by a friendly waitress and nothing was too much trouble. The traditional setting was cosy and formal, though not stifling. After 'tea' we decided to look around the hotel and the reception staff were happy to show us one of the bedrooms (a bit dated). The wedding venue suite looked excellent. The gardens could be amazing also, but unfortunately were disappointing due to lack of colour and care, which is so sad, as they could be fantastic if a bit more care and money was put into them. The al a carte menu looked good and reasonably priced and I will definately go for dinner sometime soon. Overall we had a lovely afteroon in the heart of the Cheshire country side and would recommend this for such an occasion.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and the friendly staffs. Our bedrooms are just about to undergo a refurbishement program and this should be completed by the end of September.
Due to the very wet weather we had this summer it has been really hard for our gardener to keep up with the grounds maitenance but can assure you that he is working hard to catch up with this.

The team and i hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We are a well established firm of solicitors based in South Manchester.
Each year we have a conference on a Saturday to discuss strategic issues away from the office.
In June this year we booked the Toft Suite.
From the initial e-mail contact with the Hotel everything could not have gone better.
The facilities,food and attitude of the staff were exceptional.
We would not hesitate in recommending the Hotel to other businesses.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank michael f
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Michael F,
Fantastic feedback, thank you very much indeed.
We hope to welcome you back in the very near future

Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2012

What a lovely hotel, in a beautifull setting. My room was spacious but in need of updating, but it looks like this is in progress. The staff are welcoming and friendly, and I had a lovely meal. There was a big downer for me on the night though, they had foi gras on the menu, something to which I am very much opposed, had I known beforehand I would never have booked to stay here for that reason alone. I left comments to that effect on the comment card in the room. By the time I got home the next day, I had an e-mail from the general manager, efectively apologising for this and stating that he understood my feelings and that he had asked the Chef to use a substitute for foi gras in the future. This is amazing customer service, and something that you do not see very often. I would urge all peple who feel the same as me on this subject to support this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pjsspeed
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear PJSSpeed,
Thank you very much for your comments and support.
The Team and I llok forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We held our wedding here in June 2012 and had an amazing day. The food was absolutely excellent, as were the rooms and the staff were extremely helpful and organised, particularly our wedding co-ordinator, Karen. We could not fault it. The hotel grounds also provided an excellent backdrop for some wonderful wedding photographs. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are considering it as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential Suite (incidentally where Bill Clinton has previously stayed!) which w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline C
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Caroline,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments, I was glad t read that you enjoyed your very special day, perhaps we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for your first anniversary.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We had our wedding here in April 2012 and I have to say that the day went perfectly. The staff really helped to make the day go seamlessley and we have since had many comments from friends, family and even our suppliers about how professional the hotel was set up for weddings and how wonderful the day was. Will was the duty manager and co-ordinated the day - he was great very attentive but un-obtrusive!

Myself and 5 female reliatives stayed in two family rooms the night before the wedding. The rooms were spacious with large bathrooms, full length mirrors (very helpful for getting ready on the day) tea & coffee making facilities and the breakfast was amazing!!! We asked for champagne glasses and a number of ice buckets for our rooms and no ask was too much.

The food on the day was lovely and again, we have had a lot of compliments on how nice the wedding breakfast and buffet was. Our honeymoon suite was in the 'old house'. It had beautiful views of the gardens, 4 poster bed, champagne & chocolates.

Many of our guests stayed in the hotel and to my knowledge none had any complaints or issues and I particurlarly enjoyed a leisurely breakfast the following day with all of our guests.

If you are thinking of having your wedding here I can highly recomend this hotel and the hardworking, professional staff - Thanks Karen, Will and the team!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms old part of the house are very romantic with 4 poster beds and fabulous views of the groun...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura_W92
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Laura,
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback, I am really glad that Will and Karen made your day very special. Perhaps we will welcome you back for your first anniversay?

Best wishes
Eloic Montagnier, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#1 of 3 in Stretton
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre? Share your experiences!