Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$125
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspresidential suitejacuzzi bathlakeside roomwedding receptionafternoon teacountry hoteltravelzoo dealwedding venuelovely groundsfour poster bedlovely hoteldinner bed and breakfastroom was largebar menuthree course mealmain buildingevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Visited hotel as working in the area. The grounds are excellent and the reception area is small but welcoming - looked into the dining room which looked lovely but Knutsford provided a better variety of choice. The menu is comprehensive although the bar menu isn't very exciting and neither is the bar and rather characterless.
I moved rooms as my original room , Highgrove? Overlooked a roof and air conditioning units providing a background hum that was frankly irritating. I mentioned this in passing to the receptionist who insisted i moved and helped me move into a much better room. I would recommend the "lakeside" rooms although they don't overlook the lake at the rear of the hotel. Wifi kept dropping which was a shame but didn't cause me too much concern. Breakfast was really good with serve yourself cereals and juices with a menu driven breakfast - blueberry pancakes with maple syrup were excellent as was the coffee. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside - ground floor but away from the main part of the hotel so quiet and not overlooked.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen F
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear StephenF.

Thank you for your comments and welcomed feedback.
We are currently looking at menu options on the lounge bar menu and this will be revised very soon.
I was happy to read that the receptionist was reactive to your request and that you liked our Lakeside bedrooms and our breakfast offerings.

I will report the Wifi issue to our I.T department and have checks carried out on the Lakeside bedroom connection.
Kind regards

John Murphy

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights over the Easter weekend as part of a wedding party.
Rooms were large and clean. All the staff were very polite and helpful.
Breakfast was help yourself apart from the egg which was cooked fresh to your liking, with cereals, fruits and pastries.
The food served at the Wedding Breakfast was absolutely fantastic, It was one of the best wedding meals I've ever had.
After returning home I discovered I had left something in our room which the staff duly found and posted back to my home address first class.Overall a lovely quiet location, within easy travelling to major road networks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XKJaguar

Dear XKJaguar

Thank you for this excellent feedback from your stay & the wedding that you attended.

I am delighted to share these comments with my team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mere Court Hotel soon.

Kind regards

John Murphy

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I visited this hotel for a business meeting. The grounds are lovely; with well kept gardens, rolling lawns, winding paths and a duck pond out back. Upon entering, the lobby is traditional oak panelling, there is also an impressive dining room with two beautiful chandeliers. The bar area is nothing special, and could be any hotel bar.
Staff are very polite and helpful, check-in was straight forward. I ate in the restaurant; dinner, breakfast and lunch and all three times the food was exceptional.
The meeting room was spacious with natural light, and the quality of the beverages etc. served were good. It opened out onto a sunny patio offering a welcome break during the day.

So all in all a lovely hotel in a lovely setting. BUT the rooms are in desperate need of refurbishing. I stayed in 'Blenheim' which disappointingly did not live up to expectations. It was stiflingly hot when I entered, the radiator was on full. The bed in my room was lumpy and too soft, and the divan was dirty. Definitely ready for replacing. The decor and furnishings were dated and tired, the whole room was badly styled and old fashioned, but not in a good way. A badly painted pipe disappeared into the desk, and was very hot to the touch - it should be boxed in at least. The fridge was empty and 'locked', what's all that about? The room was also dusty with peeling wallpaper. The bathroom was chintzy, and also old fashioned. There was no 'attention to detail', wonky toilet roll holder, 3 tissues stuffed in a box, stained floor, screws protruding with nothing attached - you know the score. On the plus side the towels were fluffy and thick, although I only discovered the switch for the heated towel rail when I was ready the leave!
It's such a shame as everything else was good (although I did spot the odd cobweb here and there!) and in such a lovely setting with easy access off the motorway.
Gone are the days where I am happy to put up with it. These country hotels really need to 'up their game' if they are to survive as guests become more discerning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a Travelzoo deal and it was excellent value for money. We had a three course evening meal which was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice .
The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff professional especially the lovely lady on reception . My only criticism is I think the hotel decor is a little tired and the hotel could do with an update .Would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank CAAK
MereCourtHotel, Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for such a great review. Its always nice to hear such wonderful comments. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Jake Fuller
Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just returned from a two nights dinner bed and breakfast deal with Travelzoo. Fantastic value. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and both times it was a great experience. The room was lovely and the food we couldn't fault. The beef meal was the best we have ever had. All the staff were very friendly and nothing too much trouble.
Tatton Park and Dunham Massey not far away. Lyme Park and Quarry Bank Mill a little further away. All National Trust properties and defiantly worth a visit.
Thank you everyone for making our visit enjoyable. We will be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PandP46

Thanks for the review. I'm pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and I hope to see you on your next visit!

Kind Regards