“Doesn't quite hit the mark..........”
Review of Golden Pheasant

Golden Pheasant
Ranked #8 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Visited one Sunday in March 2013.Party of Six.

Lovely interior, but they could have switched the heating up.!

Food - Ordered mainly Sunday roasts which were OK.Nice rosemary taste to the lamb and garlic on roast potatoes. Good to have properly cooked veg although a little light for six people.

A couple of the meals could have been a bit hotter, but not a major problem.

So all in all food OK, but not spectacular.

So lets come to the problem area for me...... customer service, But before I go into that let me say I spent my entire working life in customer service..... it's a big thing for me, so some might think I'm being harsh.

The staff were smart in dress and appearance, but in the hour and a half we were there I don't think we saw a smile. I appreciate they are young and it may be just a job but it was sort of a faceless mediocrity that does nothing for you. Everything is done efficiently, but there is no warmth. For us, going out should be an experience and in driving away we all agreed it was
"alright".

I am of the generation that expects to be said "Hello" "Thank You "and "Goodbye" to. Sadly lacking I'm afraid.

Summed up as we left, when the waitress who served us ignored us......!

For the money we paid we probably felt it wasn't quite up the mark, but then again there aren't many pubs locally that are.

I certainly wouldn't recommend either way.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jonathan j

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We really enjoy this pub and food, but we class it as a bit of a treat as it is a bit pricey. But, in my opinion you get what you pay for! i would recommend you try it for traditional and well excuted pub food.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
The Dog Over Peover
#4 of 14 in Knutsford
Pickmere Country House
#3 of 14 in Knutsford

Been to Golden Pheasant? Share your experiences!