Open today: Closed
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Knutsford
from US$14.79
More Info
from US$40.34
More Info
2,377 results
All reviews japanese garden flower show national trust mansion house nt members gardeners cottage home farm merry go round car show adventure playground formal gardens gardens are beautiful play area farm shop scones sunny day value for money
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are new to the area and took our dog for a walk round. We will be back again as it is a such a lovely place to visit, if your looking to get out and about and enjoy some fresh air this is the place to go.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A great way to spend a half term day. If you're looking to get out and about during half term then going to see the deer fed is a great way. You get plenty of crisp fresh air, see wonderful animals and ride in a trailer.
The downside is that for non members of the National Trust it could be a bit costly but great memories are worth every penny.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Love love Tatton Park it’s such a lovely place to visit . Very accessible take a picnic and have fun . Great for morning strolls before visiting near by restaurants for morning coffee or a spot of lunch.

Date of experience: February 2019
Tatton P, Marketing Team at Tatton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for the lovely review 182claireh!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Firstly, I know it's likely someone is going to reply and tell me all the positive things that happen at Tatton, and on here I get no right to reply, but I really want you to understand that these are the issues that I faced and that everyone with disabilities are different. What you think works for most doesn't always for all.

Firstly, the car park for disabled vehicles - the disabled carpark spaces are far too small and awkward. We ended up having to stay at Tatton an extra 45 minutes as the cars parked around and behind made it impossible for us to get the car out. The whole thing should really be properly surfaced and not just a few patchy areas.

Secondly, the Courtyard is a gauntlet. There are very few flat paths for mobility scooter users, such as myself, and where they exist, they are incredibly close to the wall/facilities so that people going in and out of the building (as well as me myself) were huge obstacles.

Thirdly, the gravel in the gardens. I had to abandon my look around simply due to the lack of a firm surface. I found myself and my mobility scooter tipping and sliding. It really needs some kind of smooth surface (this would benefit so many others, those with pushchairs etc).

Finally, and most distressing and embarrassing for the property, the exit from the Gardens via the gift shop. Exit was via a door that had to be manually pulled open, and then there's a very steep, tight cornered and narrow, poorly lit ramp leading in to a very poky gift shop, again, with a manual door. All this goes on whilst a queue of people are stuck behind you and the lady behind the till doesn't even bat an eyelid or even offer to get the door for you. I was nearly in tears after this experience - I'm a 33 year old man(!!).

The best bit? Leaving (after having to waste a further 45 minutes in the cafe area due to the carpark issue). National Trust Life Members, we travelled for an hour, felt pretty rubbish about myself, and we certainly won't be returning.

The three stars is pretty much entirely for the gardens and farm, and the fact that I recognise that for many it's still a good day out.

4  Thank 685garid
Tatton P, Marketing Team at Tatton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your feedback 685garid - and no we're not going to just reply with positives - feedback like this is incredibly valuable.

We know our car park and Stableyard (courtyard) are lacking in areas at the moment. Starting in the Summer, we're undertaking an extensive programme of investment to modernise them both, and we hope this will rectify some of the issues you've faced on your visit. Some things however we can't change, we're a 2000 acre historic estate and we have limitations from listing status - we do however, and always will make every effort to be as accessible as possible for all.

The Gardens (and the gravel in front of the Mansion) is DDA compliant, and again due to the limitations we face is currently the best compromise. We do offer electric wheelchairs for loan in the Gardens, and these might be more suitable for a future visit. You raise a good point with regards the door exiting from the Gardens, and we'll see if this can be improved.

We'd like to invite you to continue this discussion if you like via tattonmarketing@cheshireeast.gov.uk - we'd also like to hear your thoughts on accessibility within the Farm as that's recently undergone a large-scale renovation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in whilst in area, was lovely to see, paid to do garden tour which was lovely and to see the house from outside was beautiful. Would obviously be nice in summer however enjoyed just as much now. Great family day out and wasn’t too crowded considering it was half term.

1  Thank nheffron

Thanks for the review 873natashah!