“Great Food”

The Dog Over Peover
Ranked #4 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Mother's Day must be a nightmare for kitchen staff. However, at The Dog standards were certainly high throughout the afternoon. Great staff working hard, great menu and great food. If you want fantastic value then The Dog is a 'must'.

3  Thank Richard C

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Superb stay, nothing too much trouble, wonderful staff, great room & excellent evening food & the breakfast the following morning was fantastic! Would absolutely recommend The Dog at Peover to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times and found the food, rooms and staff excellent especially the lady that serves breakfast. Breakfast is tasty unlike others in the area. Great selection of beer too;) Jon Dolby

1  Thank Jpdolby
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Drove up from Sutton Coldfield to visit friends yesterday (8/4/14) in Holmes Chapel and they took us to the Dog Inn for lunch. The pub itself is in a lovely village setting and the interior is classic country pub and very welcoming. We ordered our food and drinks and unfortunately the service was a little slow though this didn't matter as we chatted and caught up with their news since we last saw them. However when the food finally arrived it was delicious and worth the wait. Gorgeous lamb cutlets for my wife, salmon and chicken pie for our friends all beautifully presented and fish and chips for myself which must be the best fish and chips I have ever had from a pub restaurant. The service was excellent once the food arrived and very attentive and like other reviewers found the standards very high for a village pub. The prices for the food were very good though wine prices could be a little more competitive. Overall very good and streets ahead of most of the local hostelries in the area we have visited in the past. Look forward very much to our next visit and will certainly go back to The Dog.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SusiMyk
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Beautiful country pub that I have eaten in a few times and now stayed twice. On both occassions the staff have been fantastic and extremely welcoming. The room I had was spacious (Room 1), clean and I enjoyed some luxury extras with Teapig teas, Lake District toiletties. The food in the evening and the breakfast were amazing and even though I was staying alone I felt at ease. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a stay away in the country, roaring fires, good food, wine and company. Well Done all at The Dog.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dawn R
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My friend was asked to leave by some horrifically rude waitress because she was feeding her 4 month old son absolutely disgusting she was told she wasn't allowed to feed her baby in the pub! I cant believe

4  Thank rebsar7
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This lovely country pub really is a jewel! I have been to a number of places in this area for a drive out but this one stands out from all the rest. We stopped here one Sunday for lunch and ended up staying till late into the evening. The food was utterly fabulous with very generous portions. I had the small Sunday lunch and boy am I glad as this was beyond generous. The staff were so friendly. We were treated like one of the locals which was lovely. It was child friendly and pet friendly. I can't wait for a summers day to come back and sit outside and watch the world go by. I am so pleased I came here and will be back very soon. Thank you to all the staff who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple