“A Beautiful Haven in the Heaven of Cheshire”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

MikeJDris...
London, United Kingdom
“A Beautiful Haven in the Heaven of Cheshire”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I recently stayed with at Jayne & Mike’s beautiful Cottage, after I’d had a recommendation from a friend; and though I was certain after seeing the website that it would be a wonderful place to visit, I didn’t realise how welcoming, warm and homely Curlew would be!

After a few exchanges online with Mike, I was booked in for a week- the communication was perfect and I never had to wait for a response- which was a great insight for the forthcoming stay. I arrived and was met by both Mike & Jayne, who showed me around the cottage- I was blown away by the immaculate gardens, space for cars, and cleanliness throughout. Every modern convenience is there, along with rapid wifi and a truly first-class kitchen; though I didn’t have the chance to entertain friends there, I have no doubt it would be the perfect place for parties and intimate dinners alike.

Each evening I stayed at the cottage I found more ways to enjoy the area, with beautiful restaurants on the door step, grocery shops for anything I might have forgotten, and for when I was feeling cosy there were DVDs and (possibly one of my favourite things!) a Bang & Olufsen TV on which to watch them curled up in the living room.
The bedrooms are beautiful and the house is decorated impeccably throughout- I actually had to find out the colour of the walls in the lounge from Jayne as I have since (attempted to!) replicate the feel of the space- it’s clear a huge amount of thought and effort has gone into the cottage.

The worst time was inevitably when I had to leave, though I did so already looking forward to the next visit- and I must return again to use the hot tub in the front garden!

Mike, Jayne, I can’t thank you enough for showing me such hospitality and warmth- as a southerner working in the north you made me feel like I had a real home from home, and I can’t wait to see you both again; for anyone thinking about staying here, please please do! It is not just a cottage, it is an absolute haven of peace and tranquility.

Date of stay: August 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amenities available had all been perfectly appointed
Liked least: When I had to leave!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.