“You Want Haddock and Chips?”
Review of The Happy Haddock

The Happy Haddock
Ranked #28 of 39 Restaurants in Kirkwall
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awesome food! non of those horrid soggy chips but nice crispy ones (Sorry couldn`t resist a quote from a Dad`s Army episode) Batterred Haddock freshly cooked and so freshh you can almost see it flapping. Really a nice meal.Car parking outside.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On a family trip to Orkney and stopped here after a long drive. Food was disgusting chips had been re heated a lot and were rock hard and all went in the bin. Poor selection off foods. We got the battered sausage which had no taste and was just like really cheap and nasty meat inside . Expensive waste of money which left a family of 5 out of pocket and hungry .

1  Thank jennyrubert16
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Other reviews seem to be mixed but I found this a welcoming little café. We placed our order, sat at a table and waited for the food. It came wrapped in paper like a takeaway and when we said we wanted to eat it at the table nothing was too much trouble for the waitress. She put it out on plates, brought cutlery, apologised for having assumed we wanted to take it out. After we started to eat she came back to check that all was good and gave the impression that she was happy to serve us. If ever in Kirkwall again i'll certainly go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for A T time meal, been fancying pie and chips only to find for the first time ever that this chippy don’t sell pies, so we opted for fish and chips twice, curry and chips and battered sausage, we then took the meals to our accommodation, the fish was somewhat lacking flavour of any kind , the chips could not be eaten as ther where so hard, I would have take the expensive crap back only I was exhausted after travelling for 14 hours and I can’t think of anything nice about the food but wish I had saved my £20 to buy proper food from somewhere that knows how to do the job properly and not dish up unsold food from lunchtime at tea time as the chips become so hard they are only fit for the Bin which is exactly where they ended up..

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I really fancied some chips but the place smelled really bad from downwind; old, stale grease. When I was about to go in, I saw a sign indicating that they fry in beef dripping. This makes it useless for vegetarians like me. Disappointing. At least they advertise it so I didn't need to waste more time asking. the smell would've been a clue anyway.