Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
hihellocaroline
United Kingdom
Unforgettable dining experience
Review of The Storehouse
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Oct 2023via mobile
Had an unforgettable meal here to celebrate our birthdays. We ordered starters and mains, along with some drinks after. We ordered the smoked haddock scotch egg and fried cheese to start, and scallops and lamb for main. Everything was cooked fresh using local ingredients, portion sizes decent and presented beautifully. Tasted incredible. The cocktails were also really good, and I especially enjoyed the dessert wine afterwards.
Date of stay: October 2023Trip type: Travelled as a couple
£248
    £248
0.8 miles from The Storehouse
View more hotels in Kirkwall
All reviews scallops fresh milk fabulous hotel lovely evening the ground floor stayed nights judith comfort trio accommodation meal orkney gins harbour luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2023

Had an excellent dinner here. Really lovely ambiance and decor impressive.
I had the fish & chips which was delicious. My friend had the chicken and enjoyed that too. We both ordered dessert meringue which was yummy. Would definitely eat here again.

Room tip: Book in advance.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2023

The rooms are excellent- nice decor , fully equipped, extremely comfortable bed and modern bathrooms , and all immaculately maintained. Worth the slightly more expensive tag.
We also had dinner and breakfast - the food was also good and tasty. The only slight negative would be that the food was a liitle slow to arrive.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2023

Fantastic meal with excellent service. The food was really top drawer, one of the best meals we’ve had out in Orkney for a while.
The sticky toffee pudding with rum and raisin ice cream was delightful.

Room tip: Very busy on a Saturday night so best to book
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2023

Came to Orkney to celebrate my 50th birthday. Graduated from medical
School 27 years ago- this is when I first came to Orkney. Fabulous place. Was advised to book into the Storehouse by a NHS colleague but have to say I was a tad disappointed. Booking the restaurant was easy, but when we arrived the welcome was somewhat stifled. I ordered the mussels for starter- they were absolutely fabulous. Unfortunately I tried to gain the waitress’ attention to order some bread for the sauce and a spoon, but was ignored. The bread should have been included but was omitted (they did in fairness minus £4 off my bill). I ordered the monk fish for my main- lovely cuisine but small portions and a bit miserly with the veg. We decided to carry on regardless and ordered an extra bottle of wine to celebrate. Waitress was quite robotic in manner and was more bothered about making sure we ordered a dessert, which we did. The cheeseboard was a complete disappointment- miserly pieces of cheese with 6 crackers and some onion chutney.
I don’t want to be unkind. The atmosphere was fine and the place has great potential. Just think the management needs a bit of an overhaul regarding their interpretation of what the clientele expect and deserve for the prices they’re charging. So I’ve given the place a 3 out of 5, hoping it improves by the next time I visit these lovely islands.

Room tip: Lovely location but much better places nearby if you look for them
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2023 via mobile

We are here 2 nights while staying in Kirkwall, the food is outstanding. Think the best steak I have ever eaten. And the biggest glass of Sherry I have been served in a restaurant. What not to like.
Staff very hospitable and friendly.
Impressive building with great atmosphere

Trip type: Travelled with friends