“Excellent business base”
Review of Ardconnel B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kirkwall
Ardconnel B&B
Ranked #3 of 26 Kirkwall B&B and Inns
Aboyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent business base”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is my second visit to the Ardconnel B&B and its just perfect. I travel up to Orkney on Business once a year and the location is quiet but central to all the places I need to visit. My room was clean and extremely comfortable. Breakfasts were hearty and wholesome. What more do you need!! Thank you to Margaret and John for a pleasant stay....see you next year

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 2dognight_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Wonderful place to stay in Orkney! Good location, nice views. Breakfasts excellent, and Margaret and John are so welcoming. Definitely worth staying here, and I would again. Loved the morning updates on weather, etc. and the hints and tips on where to go and what to see.

• Stayed October 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My friend and I stayed for 5 nights with John and Margaret at Ardconnel and it was a home away from home. Very clean and extremely comfortable rooms. Wifi, DVD and TV in the room. Convenient and quiet location. Fantastic breakfast in the morning. John was very helpful every morning telling us what was going on in Orkney so we could make the most of our trip. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here if visiting Orkney. I will be going back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Amersham
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at Ardconnel for 4 nights.Everything about our stay was first class.Our breakfasts were excellent,our rooms clean and comfortable.Margaret and John made us feel very at home.John was particularly helpful with his extensive local knowledge.
We would not hesitate to recommend Ardconnel to anyone visiting the Orkneys.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My friend Karin and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was excellent. I asked, without much hope, if they had marmite? They did :-) That's what I call 5 star service. John and Margaret are welcoming and very friendly. The bedroom and en-suite were spotless, and the bed sooo comfortable.This is an excellent base to explore the Orkneys, and we would highly recommend this B+B.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We took two Californian friends for a few days in Kirkwall and were very fortunate to have chosen Ardconnel as our base.The rooms were spacious,clean and very comfortable,breakfasts superb and Mr and Mrs Graham were excellent hosts.
None of us can believe Ardconnel is ranked only 4 in Kirkwall.

Ed & Pauline Mackrill. Birchwood,Ch

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dingwall
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have travelled all over Scotland as the owner of Munro Highland Tours and can say that if you want a great place to stay in Orkney then look no further than the Ardconnel B + B in Kirkwall. Margaret and John make you most welcome and ensure they have your best interestes at heart. Nothing is too much for them and as for those breakfast that Margaret prepares as you wait are just fabulous, certainly more than enough to keep you going all day.

I have stayed with them now on a number of occassiosn and am always delighted to know that they can accommodate me as know how busy they are.....always a good sgn. Being a tall guy I am also impreesed that they have such good beds for my needs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwall
The Ayre Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burray Village
Karrawa Guest House
Karrawa Guest House
#2 of 26 in Kirkwall

Been to Ardconnel B&B? Share your experiences!