Lol.travel
Vio.com
All reviews pub grub closing time overlooking the harbour fish and chips short break steak noise meal orkney ferry plumbing
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022

I stayed here two nights with a colleague and we were both really disappointed with the room. It's not quite the image you see in the photos. My room was small and the bed was awful. The plastic undersheet did not make for a comfortable night. The staff had obviously done what they could but it needs a whole lot of money spent on it. Bathroom was clean but tiny. The kitchen is situated near the rooms so the place smells of food and my room looked out onto a ventilation system. Very expensive for what it is, would not recommend. The staff however, were lovely.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank FionaLondon
Reviewed 13 August 2022 via mobile

Short visit first week of August for 2 nights. Had booked a single but didn’t realise it would be an actual single bed. Very small room, very tired with peeling wallpaper, felt very old and worn. Smell on entry was really strong and unpleasant - bleach or some sort of chemical smell. After opening window etc, it didn’t really go for whole visit. Room was opposite kitchens, used for the downstairs bar/restaurant. Really not what you want to see up by the bedrooms and created again food smells up with the bedrooms.
Strong smell of fried food outside my room and actually throughout hotel. Nothing was broken, shower worked and small telly but it felt uncomfortable, and smelly. It was also expensive for the quality and size of room. Breakfast was ok, but second day asked for bacon with a college and we book received 1 rasher each, rather than the 2 you would expect. Staff were very friendly and helpful but hotel was of a really low quality and I would not recommend. I would stay self catering if I went back to Orkney.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hmdando
Reviewed 5 August 2022

My friends were having a quiet wedding and going to St.Ola for dinner afterwards. I spoke with Zoe and she went above and beyond to help accomodate my request to make their day special.
Im very grateful and feel she deserves some recognition for her hospitality!

1  Thank Gleneagles32
Reviewed 14 July 2022 via mobile

Had some time to kill between ferry and flight, so popped in for some lunch, I have to say, the steak & Guinness pie was absolutely delicious, and the service was fab too :-)
Would definitely recommend if you're in Kirkwall and hungry!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank danitC4563OY
Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent location overlooking the harbour. We had a large room which was very clean although the sheets could have done with an iron. We had the fish and chips for dinner which were very good and the breakfast was excellent. Staff are very friendly. The hotel is a bit old fashioned and badly needs a makeover but for a one night stay it was ideal.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple