“not happy”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2013

i am not happy with the service that i got from here the food was disgusting and the waiter was not well presented rude and obnoxious. there used to be a young lass working there but she was not here when i visited i think she was quite new there i was disappointed to see that she was not there as i though that she was lovely and well mannered. The waiter is really appalling he should be payed off i really do not like this man. bring the girl back and get rid of the guy

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This place is terrible I have been there once and I will never go back my friend works there and the way that the waiter treated her was unacceptable. This guy should not be aloud to work here I am truly disgusted by him and the way he speaks to his staff and the public. CLOSE HIM DOWN.

2  Thank LittleLass123
Reviewed 29 May 2013

visited the indian garden while on holiday visiting family in orkney. it was a very unsatisfactory evening in this restaurant. to start we were given menus and we decided what we wanted. there were only 2 staff on duty front of house,a middle aged indian guy and a young local teenaged girl. the male approached our table and asked us if we wanted to order a drink. i asked for a soft drink and my cousin asked for a bottle of beer. he was then told they had no alcahol license "at the moment" we were told we could " go and get booze" if we wanted. there were no signs to this effect inside or outside the establishment. disappointed ,we considered going elsewhere,but my cousin decided to have water. the young girl took our order. as we waited for our food ,i witnessed the young girl being spoken to in a nasty manner by the male in full view af the customers,resulting in her rushing outside in tears. the food arrived and as i started eating my mixed byriani ,i noticed all the prawns in it had not been de veined . i left them to the side.the rest of the meal was average.the restaurant was very very hot ,the young girl had returned ,she switched on the overhead fan with a remote control,and the male snatched it and put the fan off. the cooking fumes at this point were infiltrating the eating area from the kitchen -was there no extractor fan? when going to pay the card reader was faulty,apparently it had been dropped. my pin number went in as the gratuity ,which if i hadnt noticed would have resulted in them recieving almost £100 in tips. when i pointed it out to the young girl,the male snatched the card reader and accused her of trying to "confuse the customer" ,i explained to him i am far from confused.he then shouted at me "have you got money,give me cash money". absolutely disgusting,this place is the pits, do not patronise this guy,i was so angry i gave the money after making sure my card transaction had been cancelled and we left. i go to kirkwall often,there are two indian restaurants. guess where i will be going in future....

3  Thank helen m
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had a good meal but for a Friday night it was empty. We were the only people there which is a great pity. Quality of the meal was good, and service good too. We landed on the island desperate for a curry and weren't disappointed. Just wish it has more atmosphere.

1  Thank Iain S
Reviewed 17 January 2013

What a great service! didn't book a table, so just walked in. Waiter asked for our coats before we sat down. Complimentary popadums, tasty food at perfect tempature, fresh naan bread, complimentary liquor and friendly waiter. Gave them a tip and they gave me a left over present from, im guessing xmas (a lovely scarf). The atmosphere was very comfortable and I will definitely go back (although I wont expect another gift ;-) ).