“This place is my number one!”
Review of Indian Garden

Indian Garden
Ranked #25 of 39 Restaurants in Kirkwall
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

What can I say? The service, food and atmosphere are incredible. Every time I come here (which is usually for the Sunday buffet) I am greeted with a smile and good service. The staff are very accommodating and go the extra mile to make you happy. I have coeliac disease (gluten intolerance) and Rahman (my favourite man ever) assisted me in figuring out which dishes I could have. He even let me take a selfie with him; as a memento of my visit! I think that anyone what has a negative word to say against The Indian Garden is from another restaurant in the Kirkwall area, and is just trying to deter potential customers. I would 100% recommend that you eat here.
Also, as a word of advice to a gentleman who posted a review, treat the staff with some respect and you will receive the same treatment back.

1  Thank Hannah B

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I have been here before and I thought it was lovely but I didn't have that experience this time. There used to be a girl that worked there with brown hair and quite small. She used to Brighten the place up a little bit. She was checking that our food was ok and if there was anything that needed changing she would do her best to sort it. I noticed the middle aged guy that works there was very snappy with her. This was on a Friday night a couple of months ago just summer 2013. I might return some other time I am in the Orkneys and suggest she comes back. Her name was caitlin or Corrine. The food was a wee bit salty and the smell of cooking coming from the kitchen was really overpowering.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Eaten here many times and food and service has always been good.Last time was the sunday buffet and it was great, the only let down is probably the dessert choice, why not offer ice-cream at least.

1  Thank dusty1956
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Group of four of us went there recently to sample the buffet. It was early evening on a Sunday and the restaurant was empty. Just one member of staff front of house and he was silent and not terribly welcoming. Seemed to lack any personal warmth. No welcome, no explanation of what do to about self service.

Say and waited for a fe minutes before he took a drinks order, place has no alcohol licence but we knew this and it wasn't a problem.

I asked when we could eat and he said.....soon. After maybe five minutes he grunted to say we could now help ourselves.

Reasonable range of starters(4), mains(4) but the sweet course had one item only.

Food not memorable. Hot but not terribly flavoursome. We remained the only people in the restaurant throughout. No ambience to speak of and the only real positive was that it was just over a tenner each. There was enough food and you could have eaten as much as you wished but a more cheery waiter would hAve enlivened our visit and mAde it much better. Don't think we would go back anytime soon

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The service was friendly, polite and discrete, food of a high standard with unexpected side dishes and a dessert. Some may find it not to their liking as there is no alcohol licence but this is more than counteracted by a good choice of soft drinks and non alcoholic beer.