“Awful service/ great food”
Review of Gurkha Kitchen

Gurkha Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Lerwick
Price range: US$30 - US$39
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went here for lunch today with family the food we could no fault was cooked beautifully but the service was appalling . We were seated and asked if having buffet which replied yes no one came back to take a drinks order so we had to get one of there attentions to do this... Got the starters great choice may I add 40 mins later our plates were cleared well some of them they never came back to finish clearing the rest.... We asked if we could have another jug of water as still no one was offering us any drinks or even came to see if all was ok with the food, we then asked if we could have our mains and were told yes this was fine but few minutes later no one returned to the table with cutlery so again had to go look for someone and asked for cutlery he acknowledged us but was on the phone 5 minutes later my sister again and to go and ask for cutlery as still hit received it . Main dishes. We're fantastic great choice again nice and hot plates etc .. During this time there was another family that came in and stood at the door for a good 5 minutes before being seen to I could understand if it was busy but there were ourselves and two other tables.aid bill and left with a full tummy but didn't see anyone to say good bye or thank you so left money on table sure we could have left without paying and still the staff wouldn't have noticed !

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Couldn't fault the food at the buffet, but as for the service it was shocking considering it was so quiet,starters were eventually cleared but they failed to clear it all so I moved the last starter plate to the table next to me,went for our main meals took them back to the table but their was no cutlery
So asked twice then got given it, some other customers came in and they were left standing at reception for probably 5 minutes before being attended too,we were not once asked if our meals were satisfactory.

The starter plate that was not cleared was still there when we left.

1  Thank Shi78
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We had a take away from this restaurant. The decor promised much but the food was not as good as I had hoped. The best part of £30 for some pakora (small portion size) and two curries rice and naan this was the first time I have been hungry after a takeaway. Really was disappointed.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is always on my list when visiting Lerwick. Last visit was 26th June 2014, and once again NOT disappointed. The service is so friendly without being OTT. Most importantly, the food is simply delicious, if only I had enough room to clean the plate! my advice ...... if visiting Lerwick, put it on your list.

1  Thank bydandstu
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good Indian style food...with a twist. different from the usual run of the mill food. A pleasant change.
Will be going back to this restaurant next time on the island.