“Birthday”

Monty's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

A very pleasant meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Chicken and chorizo very tasty and all the other mains enjoyed. Staff friendly and helpful. Will be back! A very enjoyable birthday meal. Nice prelude to summer holidays.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm staying in Lerwick for work and decided to try Monty's - not knowing what it was like. I asked for a meal in the bar as I was alone and didn't fancy taking up a table in the main restaurant. That was no problem, and in fact I was shown to a large table. The service was friendly and quick. I had the rosemary bread as a starter, and then pot roast shetland lamb, which was utterly delicious. Nice glass of house wine too. The only drawback was the slightly steep prices, but then again this is Lerwick where a lot of things cost more because of the shipping costs.

Really recommended.

1  Thank ScruffyBadger
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Thank goodness for Monty's. In spite of obvious wealth most eating places in Lerwick are Takeaways with an adjacent room; Thai and the Fort specificallly The Gurkha should be a restaurant with good food. However waiting an hour for a main course with take
aways despatched at 10 minute intervals over your shoulder is unacceptable. Holts is a cafe with over priced and pretentious menu. Go to Monty's and reserve a table!

2  Thank saintmirren
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a meal at Monty's. I had the smoked haddock, Leek and potato broth followed by the Shetland leg of lamb. Very nice indeed.

1  Thank Flybywyre
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff here were busy but still had time to be nice and friendly...so things looked promising. My friend and I both ordered burgers but were disappointed to be served them undercooked. Mine was quite obviously raw in the centre when I cut it in half. My meal was replaced but not before my friend had almost finished his. No-one came over to check that my replacement meal was OK....which was surprising. As it happened the burger was very nice when it was cooked properly....However, our meal was spoiled because of a simple cheffing mistake and more importantly the lack of customer care afterwards.