“Perfect self catering flat!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
_Suzanne...
San Carlos, California
“Perfect self catering flat!”
Reviewed 19 December 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Gillian and Steve Henry, who built and run Tirrick and other flats in the same building, The Decca, have impeccable standards. This flat and all the others in The Decca are meticulously constructed, appointed, and maintained. They are also almost soundproof. Every comfort one could imagine is provided for: the beds are wonderful, the comforters are luxurious, the kitchen is fully equipped for all sorts of cooking and baking (I made soup and roasted chicken.). Gillian has provided great maps and a backpack all kitted out for hiking. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

4 Jan 2018
Dear Suzanne, Thank you for your kind reveiw, we really enjoy having you to stay with us - Wishing you well in 2018 - Gillian, Steve and Louise :-)
MollyR24
England, United Kingdom
“A Perfect Place to Stay.”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The situation of The Decca is great for both getting around the Island and for getting into Lerwick.
Tirrick is very well equipped with everything you could need.
It was spottlessly clean.
The photos don't really do it justice.
This is the second time I have stayed at The Decca, and would not hesitate to stay again.

7 Sep 2017
Thank you for your lovely reveiw - I'm glad we got a chance to catch up, albeit on your last day, you certainly made the most of your time in Shetland, and the weather was great. Hopefully we will have you to stay again soon,
Gillian & Steve :-)
_mariagma...
Terceira, Portugal
“Very cosy.”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

It is a quiet place nearby the city. The drive instructions from the airport were very helpful and easy to find the apartment.

31 Aug 2017
Obrigado Maria, Foi adorável conhecer vocês dois. Esperamos que você volte para ficar conosco novamente para explorar mais de nossa ilhait - Gillian & Steve :-)
(was lovely to meet you both. We hope you will come back to stay with us again to explore more of our island - Gillian & Steve :-) )
Gill B
Chard
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 21 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is a fabulous apartment, it's beautifully furnished with everything you need for a lovely break.

24 Jul 2017
Thank You Gill, we're glad you both had a lovely time and enjoyed your stay. We hope you are enjoying the rest of the summer - Kind Regards, Gillian & Steve :-)
maggieste...
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Well equipped apartment in good location to see Shetland”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Very comfortable with all the equipment you could need for self catering. Well thought out with unexpected extras. Would stay again

Your age range 50-64
25 May 2017
Thank you Margaret - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again sometime - kind regards Gillian & Steve :-)
Darren R
Hawick, United Kingdom
“Home from home in the Shetlands”
Reviewed 22 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Perfect holiday apartment close to Lerwick town centre. Spotlessly clean and has all you will need for a great holiday in the beautiful, scenic Shetland Isles. Gillian and Steve are very friendly hosts and the apartments they have in the Decca are first class.Have been here twice to stay and will definitely be back again. Great value for money.

Gailnic
Glasgow
“First class accommodation.”
Reviewed 25 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I stayed in Tirrick for 4 nights at the end of August, beginning of September. Apt is exactly as shown in the photos, beautifully finished and with lovely little touches. I arrived 8am, got access right away and was picked up by Steve at the ferry terminal. Loads of fluffy towels which is lovely. Too many places supply one or two for the week in the guise of being Green. However it's anything but, as you end up washing them repeatedly, possibly on their own. The place was always the right temperature and the bed was really comfy. I found the Wifi great. Previous reviews mentioned problems, but it streamed perfectly for me. Excellent 4G signal as you are quite high up. Appliances like cooker, dishwasher & washing machine were very straightforward to use. No impenetrable hieroglyphics to decipher. I had no car and walked back and forward to the town. It was about 25 mins all in. Downhill in, uphill back. There is a bus that would take you half way up the hill, or as I worked out on the last day, the Scalloway bus could drop you on a back road that would avoid hills altogether. Anyway the weather was fine and I mostly walked it every day. A taxi into town would be about a fiver. I found taxis on Shetland expensive and buses unbelievably good value. Good services too, compared to many other rural areas. It is possible to base yourself at The Decca without a car and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I tried to book the town apartment for next June when I'm bringing my mum up for her first visit, but it was booked on the days we needed. I would definitely recommend The Decca.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having everything I needed on hand.
Liked least: I would love to be able to come with husband & dog, but properties aren't pet friendly. I understand why of course but it would be nice if one apt was dog friendly.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Sep 2016
Thank you Gail, we are glad you enjoyed staying with us at The Decca. Certainly the distance for those without a car is very much personal preference. Though now as winter approaches, walking the last bit in winter time is maybe not such a good idea, during our short days. Thats a shame Corbie, in the town centre was not available for you....maybe next time. Thank you again, Gillian & Steve :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing