West Hall B&B and Cottage Self Catering
Scalloway Hotel(Scalloway)
All reviewsfresh eggsjuliechickensshetlandtesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

One night here with a colleague for business
Few rooms available on the islands at the minute but so glad my secretary found this one
Warmest of Shetland welcomes beautiful location overlooking the south bay Lerwick sound and Bressay island,fantastic rooms cosy but large lounge and a proper breakfast around a table with the other guests.
The landladies local accent is a delight combined with a great sense of humour (my mate had a real job understanding her it was hilarious) it feels like you are a guest in someone's fine house
I loved Shetland and plan to return with the missus for a proper stay as long as we can stay here
One tip the Tom Tom takes you to the wrong house West Hall is behind this one accessed from a little road down by the shore

Room Tip: All rooms seem lovely bit one has a view from 3 windows at different directions I am told
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

If I ever get the chance to return to Mainland or Lerwick, this is where I want to stay again. Beautiful place, the most friendly couple you can ask for, and all luxury for a more than reasonable place.
My colleague and I went up to for two very hectic working days. Julie, who runs the place with her husband was a very polite and friendly lady who not only welcomed us warmly, but also cooked us a lovely salmond-dinner upon request when we got back quite late on the evening.She made desert with rhubarb from their own garden. The bed was like a dream, and the rooms were spacious, clean and with a lovely view. For breakfast we were served scrambled eggs, made from eggs from their own hens.
All this for only £79 (plus £20 for the two course meal we ordered extra) per person. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Espen A
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have to say that this place is outstanding, I have just returned from my second visit to Lerwick in 6 months for business and on both occasions stopped at West Hall B&B. The place is perfect in every way, fantastic hosts, beautiful accommodation with an outstanding relaxed atmosphere, not to mention the food. I have and will continue to recommend to anyone travelling to Lerwick and personally won't be staying anywhere else when I visit again. Thank you and keep up the fantastic work.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GreggR847
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We are a group of four senior gentlemen from Sweden, working our way through the isles of the Atlantic, so we have had stays of all kinds. Our stay at the West Hall is one of the very best. The impression is of a manor house and you as a valued guest. The rooms are large, well equipped and comfortable, with fantastic views on the hills, sea and sheep grazing grounds which surround this fine classical building. The breakfasts were fresh with lots of fresh fruits and other products. The pleasant and helpful couple who run the place also prepared one our best Scottish fresh fish meals for us. It is only walking distance to a nearby food shopping mall, a slightly longer walk to Lerwick center; we took our car.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Henning E
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My friend and myself stayed here for 3 nights and both of us agreed that it is probably the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Our hosts could not have been more friendly and helpful, and the food at both breakfast and dinner was really good.

Room Tip: The front rooms are large, quiet and have beautiful views with excellent bathrooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends