“West Hall, best of all!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of West Hall B&B and Cottage Self Catering

West Hall B&B and Cottage Self Catering
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“West Hall, best of all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Not much to add to the already glowing reports of this lovely B&B, except to say that we wish Julie and Gordon could have accommodated us for our entire holiday as it was an exceptional place to stay!

Lovely people, great hosts, delicious breakfasts, superb room (Sands of Sound) with wonderful views and a picturesque location.

Go there if you can!

Room Tip: We imagine all of the rooms are lovely! We stayed in Sands of Sound which was superb.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doomey1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is one of the loveliest B & B's I've stayed in anywhere. The rooms were spacious and well appointed and quiet. Julie was such a wonderful proprietress! Superb breakfasts (with unbelievable eggs from their chickens) and we booked the dinner one evening (we hadn't known it was possible) -- which was lovely, too. My room had windows on three sides -- with a view of the water from all of them. This place is a bit out of town, so probably better if you have a vehicle. I loved waking up to the sound of the sheep & lambs and chickens. Superb place.

Room Tip: Both of the rooms on the first floor (second floor to Americans) facing the front are lovely. The o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bo'ness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have just returned to West Hall for my eighth trip almost all when I have been on business.
The rooms are all very well appointed and have very comfy beds.
Your hosts Julie and Gordon are the most friendly welcoming couple I have ever came across, they gave me invaluable advice on places to eat and places to visit.
The views from the rooms across both bays (sits on a peninsula) are to die for, beautiful white sand beaches.
The food is fantastic, local Shetland fish and eggs from their own chickens that give you a friendly wake up call each morning.
I travel a lot with business and I have very high standards, West Hall meets them all, already looking to book my return trip

Room Tip: If you are staying as a group or two couples then request the cottage as you get your own stunning k...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank drummogo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

One night here with a colleague for business
Few rooms available on the islands at the minute but so glad my secretary found this one
Warmest of Shetland welcomes beautiful location overlooking the south bay Lerwick sound and Bressay island,fantastic rooms cosy but large lounge and a proper breakfast around a table with the other guests.
The landladies local accent is a delight combined with a great sense of humour (my mate had a real job understanding her it was hilarious) it feels like you are a guest in someone's fine house
I loved Shetland and plan to return with the missus for a proper stay as long as we can stay here
One tip the Tom Tom takes you to the wrong house West Hall is behind this one accessed from a little road down by the shore

Room Tip: All rooms seem lovely bit one has a view from 3 windows at different directions I am told
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

If I ever get the chance to return to Mainland or Lerwick, this is where I want to stay again. Beautiful place, the most friendly couple you can ask for, and all luxury for a more than reasonable place.
My colleague and I went up to for two very hectic working days. Julie, who runs the place with her husband was a very polite and friendly lady who not only welcomed us warmly, but also cooked us a lovely salmond-dinner upon request when we got back quite late on the evening.She made desert with rhubarb from their own garden. The bed was like a dream, and the rooms were spacious, clean and with a lovely view. For breakfast we were served scrambled eggs, made from eggs from their own hens.
All this for only £79 (plus £20 for the two course meal we ordered extra) per person. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Espen A
Uphall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I have to say that this place is outstanding, I have just returned from my second visit to Lerwick in 6 months for business and on both occasions stopped at West Hall B&B. The place is perfect in every way, fantastic hosts, beautiful accommodation with an outstanding relaxed atmosphere, not to mention the food. I have and will continue to recommend to anyone travelling to Lerwick and personally won't be staying anywhere else when I visit again. Thank you and keep up the fantastic work.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GreggR847
Gothenburg Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We are a group of four senior gentlemen from Sweden, working our way through the isles of the Atlantic, so we have had stays of all kinds. Our stay at the West Hall is one of the very best. The impression is of a manor house and you as a valued guest. The rooms are large, well equipped and comfortable, with fantastic views on the hills, sea and sheep grazing grounds which surround this fine classical building. The breakfasts were fresh with lots of fresh fruits and other products. The pleasant and helpful couple who run the place also prepared one our best Scottish fresh fish meals for us. It is only walking distance to a nearby food shopping mall, a slightly longer walk to Lerwick center; we took our car.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Henning E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lerwick
Kveldsro House
#1 of 1 in Hillswick
Herrislea House Hotel
Herrislea House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tingwall

Been to West Hall B&B and Cottage Self Catering? Share your experiences!