Review Highlights
Info comin fae her lugs!

Had a guided with Laurie this week and thought it was fantastic! Being local, it could've been the... read more

Reviewed 6 August 2021
298sylviap
Hoswick, United Kingdom
Brilliant Shetland Tour

We are so fortunate that Laurie spent the day with us touring the South Mainland. We saw so many... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2019
Barbara S
Seattle, Washington, United States

All reviews sights mainland geology tour shetland
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2019

Had a lot of fun on this walking tour! Laurie is very knowledgeable (we had a few Shetland locals along with us, and a lot of the info was new even to them). Lots of history about the city, plus interesting tidbits, local lore and stories. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting who wants to learn more!

Date of experience: May 2019
shetlandwithlaurie, Owner at Shetland with Laurie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2019

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your tour and your trip to Shetland. It was great to see both locals and visitors on the walking tour, it made for an entertaining and pleasurable evening. Thanks so much and I hope that you visit again soon! x

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

Brilliant week night tour with Laurie who is so knowledgeable in what she does. Despite living in Shetland a long time I learnt so much about where we live. Fully enjoyable evening whilst also enjoying the simmer dim and fresh air. Would definitely recommend this activity whether you are a visitor or Shetland resident. Good value for money!

Date of experience: May 2019
shetlandwithlaurie, Owner at Shetland with Laurie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

It was great to have all you locals along on the tour, delighted to hear that I could give you some interesting information about the town. Come again! X

Reviewed 21 May 2019

We hired Laurie for two tours of Shetland. She had planned the days so we could see as many sites as possible in the time available. But she was flexible to include our wishes. She has extensive knowledge and academic training of Shetland archaeology. She has a great sense of humor as we discovered when we contacted her by phone a few weeks before arriving in Shetland. I highly recommend contacting Laurie or any other guide by phone prior to arrival in Shetland. Laurie has a SUV with great visibility that she drives. It’s very comfortable for those touring. We highly recommend Laurie. Shetlandwithlaurie.com

Date of experience: May 2019
shetlandwithlaurie, Owner at Shetland with Laurie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Many thanks for the kind review! I really enjoyed having you both, and we had a similar sense of humour :)
I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour and hopefully we will welcome you back in the future xx

Reviewed 6 May 2019

I decided to on a walking tour in Lerwick with Laurie after having lived here for almost 10 years. It was excellent. I thought the place but Laurie showed me so many details I had no idea about. Local guide who is passionate about her job. Plenty information, always time for questions and an unrushed experience all way through. Highly recommend Laurie.

Date of experience: April 2019

Thanks Katja, it’s great to have locals on tour as I learn from them too :)
So thank you!

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

Laurie took us to the northern reaches of Mainland and was the perfect guide. She is knowledgeable, enthusiastic, friendly and funny. She’s a good driver, too! We had a totally delightful day in her company. I’m sure you will, too.

Date of experience: April 2019
shetlandwithlaurie, Owner at Shetland with Laurie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I really enjoyed our day together too and hopefully one-day our paths will cross once more :)
Thanks again,