Review Highlights
Bespoke tour

5 members of our Fibre guild did a bespoke tour with Shetland Wool Adventures. Loved the normal... read more

Reviewed 24 December 2019
janicecR694IH
wooly heaven

I went on the knitting in Shetland tour in May this year. Whilst it was by far the most amazing... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2019
Anette v

All reviews tour guide misa gill knitting fiber instructor heritage shetland
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2019

Misa Hay has put together a perfect experience for knitters and wool enthusiasts who enjoy the outdoors, especially the spectacular beauty of Shetland. Her strong relationships in the knitting and fiber community have resulted in some marvelous classes, farm visits, mill tours, etc, and the hiking was in the most gorgeous places! And she is a master of details, from delicious meals in local restaurants to lovely accommodations, to snacks and all the right moments of the day. And all the home-bakes! Oh, the scones and clotted cream! THANK YOU for the exact adventure tour that I wanted and needed!

2  Thank travelingyarns
Reviewed 10 June 2019

The Knitting and Hiking Tour #2 of 2019 was a fabulous experience. The walking wasn't too strenuous (in fact I could have gone longer and at a faster pace so I needn't have been concerned about my level of fitness). The knitting classes were suitable for all levels although beginners might have some difficulty if they haven't worked with charts. The days were jam packed. The restaurants chosen were all excellent...in fact it was a wonderful surprise at how many good restaurants there are. Misa didn't stint on anything. If you can manage the time, I suggest spending a few days longer or in advance...we only scratched the surface. I was envious of one couple in our group who had booked a self-catering cottage for the following week. Misa showed us how magical and entrancing Shetland is.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank Janet A
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

Misa’s tours are so well thought out, which allows her guests to relax and take in the world around them. I took the Knitting and Hiking tour, and I know I got to see parts of Shetland I would not have gone to otherwise. If you are able, be sure to sign up for one of Misa’s trips.

2  Thank Trek224413
Reviewed 26 May 2019

If you are a knitter and want a way to experience the Shetland Islands in a unique way then take this tour! The tour guide, Misa, takes care of every detail! She has created a full 6 day tour that gives you the opportunity to see the islands, to meet some of the delightful Shetlanders, and some knitting glasses with excellent, well known instructors.

2  Thank Terri T
Reviewed 25 May 2019

An absolutely amazing 5-6 days on Shetland. Well-planned and executed seamlessly every single day! Great balance of seeing and hearing all about Shetland, visiting local areas and museums and taking knitting classes with the top instructors in the world on Shetland fair-isle and lace knitting. Unforgettable!

2  Thank Joan S