Review Highlights
Bespoke tour

5 members of our Fibre guild did a bespoke tour with Shetland Wool Adventures. Loved the normal... read more

Reviewed 24 December 2019
janicecR694IH
What an amazing week!

Reviewed 15 September 2019
cathrinefy
Asker, Norway

All reviews tour guide misa gill knitting fiber instructor heritage shetland
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2019

I had high expectations and they were fulfilled in the best possible way by Misa. She is an incredible organiser and it's easy to see that she is passionate about her job - wanting to give her visitors the best of the best. It was a week packed with different experiences in connection with Shetland's history in all possible ways. The knitting classes were fun and all very different, showing the diversity of Shetland's knitting tradition. In addition we were served wonderful food at all times, had the best guides and visited the most famous spots of Shetland. It made me want to come back and explore more.

1  Thank cathrinefy
misahayshetland, Owner at Shetland Wool Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Hi Cathrine,

Thank you too for such positive feedback and kind words, I really appreciate it. It was great to spend time with you all and I do hope that you manage to make it back to Shetland in the future!

All the best,
Misa

Reviewed 4 August 2019

Amazing week in the shetland islands with a perfect balance between hiking and knitting activities. Great way to meet new people and a picturesque landscape and a heritage knitting community. Thoroughly can only recommend

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank Josefine1975

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review!

All the best,
Misa

Reviewed 9 July 2019

My love of Shetland wool and knitting design led me to Misa and her wonderful adventures! Misa and her helpmates were all so professional, even making my husband feel welcome for all activities except the knitting. He had a great time with the other two husbands and we both consider this the best tour we have ever taken. Hope to return soon to Shetland and would not hesitate to book with Misa!

2  Thank Olyoyster
Reviewed 5 July 2019

The tour is impeccably organised and the quality of the visits, classes, and other activities is amazing. Our guides Gill and Deb are, for lack of a better word, unforgettable :) Misa made sure everything was flawless and made us feel at home. I truly recommend Shetland Wool Aventures, you will have a wonderful time.

1  Thank globomagico
Reviewed 4 July 2019

Misa is a true local!!! She has organized a wonderful tour hitting ALL of the high notes of Shetland! This tour was arranged with precision and joy! I had a great time and misa orchestrated everything beautifully! Could never have stumbled on everything she did on my own!! Thanks Misa!

2  Thank Eileen L