“Bay Brasserie”
Review of The Bay Brasserie

The Bay Brasserie
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Lerwick
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A family meal for my wifes birthday. Lovely, contemporary feel to the restauranr. What a transformation! I had the only starter - the mini surf and turf. Very nice! A mixture of ballotine of chicken, steaks and venison for main course which were all very tasty. The highlight was my 14 year old son getting torn into the halibut. He thought it was delicious! To finish, we had a selection of desserts which all very nice.
All in all, a very nice evening, with attentive service and another place to go for a lovely evening out. One thing - fewer hasselback potatoes with the chicken and perhaps some nice vegetables. We'll be back!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I loved the Bay Brassiere. I visited here with my partner, and my brother & his partner. I was pleasantly surprised. Although I’ve always liked the Lerwick hotel, this was my first visit to the newly refurbished restaurant. It has lovely views over the water, and is a lot more modern than anywhere else you'll visit in Shetland which I feel is definitely needed.

I was happy to see a menu change as, although the previous one was good, I was fed up of it after a few visits. There was a strange choice in starters - I still found something I was happy with. The choice in main courses was excellent - I found myself struggling to choose. When the meals came out I was not disappointed. They were very well presented, but more importantly, they were very tasty.

The service was good, though it could have been quicker, but that's a personal preference as I'm a fast eater.

The price was very reasonable as well.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to eat in and will certainly be going back. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family eat here more often than anywhere else in Shetland. The kids menu is fantastic as is the range available on the adults menu. The quantity and quality are spot on, the prices are right and the service is fantastic, they were really happy friendly and positive and spoke nicely to the kids. I wouldnt go elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

So the 6 of us went to the Lerwick Hotel to celebrate Dads birthday, I had the Shetland bon bons starter (Trio of Shetland Puddings: Black, White & Haggis Coated in Chef’s Batter & served with a Pepper Sauce) Sadly the Haggis was off, it was stinking! and tasted sour.. the rest of the food on my plate was devine, as was everyone elses starter, so I told the waiter that I thought the Haggis was off, he than told me that one of the managers would come and speak to me, So the manager comes and proceeds to tell me that the Haggis they have here is Shetland tastes different to the Haggis I would normally eat on the mainland as it is made from Shetland lamb, and that he had spoken to the chef and could "absolutely assure me that there was nothing wrong with the haggis" and therfore I was wrong !! I can hand on heart tell you that I have never had anyone speak to me like that before regarding a customer complaint (not that I do it often). We will NEVER eat here again ! Oh and I would like to mention that we live in Shetland,our family rears its own Shetland Sheep and the haggis we normally eat comes from local butcher. I am giving the Lerwick Hotel a terrible rating for the following reasons; 1. Serving me off Haggis 2.For the arrogance of the "manager"

6  Thank Peerieme
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Very good value and good food we all had a different dish and we were all impressed. Service was very good and the staff were very helpful.