“A great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lerwick
Evesham, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Near the centre of town, so it was easy to walk everywhere. A wonderful large room overlooking the sea and Bressay. Very comfortable bed. Bathroom great, with a bath, thank goodness. Very clean. Food very good and varied.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
retford
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Loved everything about this hotel. Highlights included the four poster bed and meeting Jane. What a wonderful host. Would definitely recommend this hotel and have nothing bad to say.
I was recommended the fish and chips and to be honest not had better anywhere in the uk.
I have to visit Shetlands on an annual basis from now on business and will definitely make the Kveldros my number One choice.
Thanks again Jane for the wonderful Shetlands welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tikkasizzlerlover
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Finding accommodation in Lerwick is quite a challenge.

This hotel is comfortable and centrally located. There is a nice view from the hotel across the bay towards Bressay. The room was spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was good. I didn't have an evening meal at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Louise c
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I made my first visit to Lerwick and stayed here. I found the service wonderful--great staff who were helpful, friendly, and often went beyond the call of duty to ensure I had a great visit. My room also was very clean and great central location to harbour street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kim A
Shetland Islands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Three of us went here last night for dinner before we went to the cinema. It was terrible.
Two of us ordered cheesy potato skins to start, which were very greasy. I ordered a prawn cocktail, which had so much marie-rose sauce it made me feel ill. The prawns and salad were underneath with a mountain of sauce on the top. There wasn't even enough room in the bowl to mix it in properly - it was not what I was expecting at all.
For our mains we ordered a mixed grill, chicken & ham pasta and BBQ chicken with cheesy potato skins. The mixed grill had one small bit of lamb, a dry bit of gammon and one sausage. The onion rings were soggy and everything was greasy, including the chips. The pasta was very bland and everything, including the meat, was washed out & white. It also had a taste of stock cube that hadn't been mixed in properly. The chicken, although it was tasty enough, was dry. The potato skins were greasy. I could have eaten it but I felt so sick after eating the obscure amount of marie-rose sauce that I barely touched it.
The staff were friendly enough, but our waitress struggled to understand what we were saying.
I've definitely had far better meals for a lot cheaper. I don't mind paying extra if what you get is worth it, but this certainly wasn't. £67 wasted, and ruined a good night. It's a good job the film we watched afterwards was good or it would have been a 60 mile round trip to Lerwick for nothing.
Do not go here to eat. There's a lot of places in Lerwick that are far more deserving of your time & money. If I could give it 0/5 I would.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank xWackix
Scotland
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Great bathrooms with OK bedroom, friendly staff. Food variable but never a disaster. Great views over to Bressay and just a short walk into the centre of Lerwick. On balance your best bet in Shetland.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank iTALOPHILEScotland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Came here for a steak with my partner, it was very well cooked to my taste and the onion rings served with it were the best i've had! Staff seemed a bit shy and there was no background music so the atmosphere was a bit awkward. But the food was superb and we enjoyed it overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suiteheart01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lerwick
The Lerwick Hotel
#1 of 1 in Busta
St. Magnus Bay Hotel
St. Magnus Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hillswick

Been to Kveldsro House? Share your experiences!