“A pleasant surprise in Lerwick...”

Phusiam Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Lerwick
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Listed in yell.com at http://www.yell.com/s/restaurants-shetland+islands.html and I ate there last week.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise in Lerwick...”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

having opened not many months ago. We were just 2 for a rather quick turn-round dinner, so only had a main course. The restaurant is sparely and tastefully decorated, and the service friendly and attentive. I had king prawns in chilli and tamarind sauce with plain rice and my other half had chicken in a peppery sauce with noodles . Both these courses were really delicious, and the chilli and tamarind having just the right degree of bite. Good value food washed down with a glass of rosé wine.

1 Thank Richard L

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellant food and great service- Fantastic!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was our first time to try Phusiam. What a fantasic restaurant. We have eaten authentic Thai food on many occasions when we travel abroad to Asia, however Phusiam's food was superb especially the Red Thai Duck and fillet steak. The staff were extremely friendly and very efficient. It was an experience we would highly recommend. We will definately be going back again.

3 Thank Dianne T
Inverness, United Kingdom
“great to find Thai food here!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Lovely meal, and lovely staff...glad to find some thai food at last, not chinese food dressed up as thai with coconut milk. A good selection of dishes, i had the Pad Cha with fresh seafood which was delicious and reminded me of roadside restaurants in Thailand...not quite the same as Shetland, but will definetly be going back on my next visit!!

1 Thank Jane C
“Bit bland”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We got takeout from here on my birthday. While not awful, it was definitely a let down - I had the beef tord grob which was just bits of deep fried beef, no sauce. Others in the party were similarly disappointed with their dishes. Counter staff were lovely and when I came to collect I was given a bit of deep fried banana to try which was surprisingly nice. Would give them a second chance since food, while bland, was still perfectly edible.

1 Thank Hannah N
Scotland
“Great meal”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch. Pleasant atmosphere, place had been recently refurbished and very nice, but the "background music" nearly drove me mad with the same tune played on a loop the whole time we were there!! The staff were very pleasant also and the food was great, beautifully presented with the carved flowers etc from vegetables. I will return here, even with the awful music!!