I have stayed here several times now and always found it to be good. It is reasonably priced and the rooms are fine although fairly basic. Parking is good. Conveniently, there are lots of single rooms, decoration is neutral and fresh. Working the TV is a challenging IQ test. The breakfast is excellent. Lots of interesting books to browse in the lounge on wet days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glen Orchy is a converted Edwardian Convent located near Lerwick city centre. We are situated in a quiet neighbourhood with views which overlook the town and both Lerwick and Breiwick Bays. We are across the street from a golf course with coastal walks. We are family owned and operated with a few specially selected staff. We do our very best to make our guests feel welcomed and valued. We want everyone to have a pleasant stay and leave with good memories. We share information about whale sightings and aurora alerts. We try to make the extra effort for our guests because we know they have come great distances to stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Glen Orchy Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Orchy Guest House Hotel Lerwick
- Glen Orchy Hotel
- Glen Orchy Guest House Lerwick, Shetland Islands