“First Class Seafood Lunch”
Review of Queens Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lerwick
Queens Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lerwick
Reviewed 26 September 2012

In a beautiful old dining room we were treated to a wonderful seafood lunch with some chilled house Chardonnay. We had some superbly cooked Haddock with fries and salad for a very reasonable price. Many other diners remarked on the excellent meals.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris D
Peter190781, Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Although on business I only had the 1 nights stay but I could not fault this quaint old establishment.
All the staff who I came into contact with were very pleaant and friendly as all the people in Lerwick are.
The room allocated to me had a nice sea view and it was most relaxing watching the various activities out in the bay, it was very clean and homely and had a comfortable bed,well positioned flat screen tv with freeview and plenty of tea/coffee
The dinner menu had an excellent variety as had the wine list, the starter of mussels in garlic and cream sauce was superb as was my main choice steak with a cream blue cheese again this was cooked to my preference. well done chef. In the morning breakfast matched that of the previous nights menu, well varied and freshly cooked to order
The bar was cosy and had a good selection of beers and spirits
The location of this hotel was handy for the main shopping area and the ferry terminals also local taxi stance and buses

Room Tip: any room but if needing internet access speak to reception prior to tavelling
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kenny M

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Have just returned from Lerwick where I stayed at the Queens Hotel, on arrival I was pleasently greeted at reception and allocated my room very quickly. My room was spotless as was the bathroom, facilities in the room were good and I had free wifi acces to the internet which proved valuable for my trip. The menu for dinner was very good and the food was prepaired to a high standard, there were signs of the decor in the dining area needing redone but the food made up for it, all the staff were welcoming and always had a smile. I will be going back to the Shetlands in the near future and will make my port of call the Queens Hotel at the port of Lerwick, very clean, warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: When I go back I would like a room looking out to the harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank andy25558
Peter190781, Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Staff very friendly and helpful, excellent restaurant with good quality food. Breakfast was great also.
Rooms a bit dated, but clean, powerful shower, large ensuite. Good, FREE broadband, plenty of sea views. There on business, but would go back for pleasure.
Bar and staff good also.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your positive comments posted here. We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

After a recent stay at the Queen's Hotel I had to write this review because I feel strongly about it. Upon my arrival I was greeted by friendly reception staff who were pleasant and helpful. The room I was given was nice, clean and well maintained apart from outdated decor. Had a good night sleep, nice and peaceful in a comfy bed. When going to breakfast the first morning there, I was served by a very surly individual who's overall mannerisms and lack of personal hygiene left a lot to be desired. First thing in the morning a smile wouldn't have gone a miss. When giving her my order she responded with a grunt and a sigh. Needless to say the said breakfast wasn't finished due to the odor and stale alcohol still hanging in the air. The food at the Queen's Hotel was average. Overall the hotel was reasonable, but let down by the said member of staff and her attitude.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank KJammy62

Thank you very much for your comments posted here. Whilst we try and train our staff to be personable we cannot monitor them every minute of the day. Your comments have been noted and the member of staff has been dealt with in the appropriate manner. I do hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Food was good hotel staff need sorted out felt like they did not care but all in all good

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Better than its sister hotel The Grand because it is more up to date like the Grand really nice staff,clean and comfortable and food to die for

• Stayed: November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lerwick
The Lerwick Hotel
Busta House Hotel
Busta House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Busta
The Moorfield Hotel

Been to Queens Hotel? Share your experiences!