“Great chow(der)”

Coffee & Keetchin
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Lerwick
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am an occasional customer, but can't recommend it highly enough. Excellent fish chowder, fresh home bakes, good coffee, friendly staff. What more do you need.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I now have a regular coffee shop that I like to visit. The coffee is lovely, the fresh salad bar fillings makes it difficult to choose which one to have. I then spoil myself with a home baked cake. The staff are always friendly and it feels like visiting friends.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Really confused by ScruffyBadger's review - have we visited the same place? I make a point of going to Coffee & Keetchin every time I visit Shetland because of the friendly staff and great range of reasonably priced offerings. The team always seem to be enjoying themselves when I go in and they welcome me like a regular despite my visits to Lerwick being only once or twice a year. I'd like to say they remember me but my observations tell me it's not just me! I usually spend far too long deciding what to have because of the wide variety available and this doesn't fluster them, which is more than I can say for other places who just want you to hurry up and move on! Last time I had a lovely fresh sandwich and treated myself to an awesome piece of cake and wasn't I disappointed. I will agree with one thing the last reviewer said tho. They do have fruit pots! (They look lovely and fresh but unfortunately the cakes have always won me over). The only downside to this cafe? Proximity from my home means it can't be my regular haunt!!

1  Thank Yamuna2
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A really disappointing baguette at a shockingly steep price. At least they had fruit pots, but the service was disorganised, the bread stale, fillings uninspiring and really, really overpriced.

7  Thank ScruffyBadger
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was a convenient find to have a delicious cup of tea and scones. It is as if you are in a friends kitchen. Everything is homemade. Lovely people. Free wifi.