Free cancellation until 22/07
  • Restaurant
US$331
US$192
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$148
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Queens Hotel(Lerwick)
US$110
US$113
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$126
All reviewslynne and jimguest houseexcellent breakfaststeep hillcentral locationfriendliest ownerssmoked salmon and eggsen suite facilitiesporridgegreat roomshetland islandsfriendly hostsbed and breakfastbiscuitslots of local knowledgeevery morninga great place to stay
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

I had a lovely stay at the Fort Charlotte Guest House, which I found through Trip Advisor. I visited Shetland for just a few days but it will remain one of the top memories of my recent trip to the highlands and isles, and that's mostly because of the friendly B&B hosts, Lynne and Jim. They are delightful, and nothing is too much trouble. The pictures other travellers have posted here don't do the place full justice: the rooms are spotless and homely, as well as tastefully decorated. The cooked breakfasts are marvellous: I recommend Lynne's lovely traditional porridge if you're a fan, although the eggs and salmon were marvellous too. Thank you so much to my hosts for providing such a lovely stay for this jetlagged visitor. I hope very much to return in the future.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lebeq
Reviewed 24 May 2015

Guesthouses don't get any better than this. Perfect location, personally designed rooms, delicate white towells, almond shampoo, soap & shower gel. Hairdryer, adapter, coffee, tea, cookies. Most amazing breakfast with choices, and not foregetting " two lovely, hardworking owners" both redheads, giving all their personal service and help, when asked. Nice to have privacy and quietness as well during afternoon and evenings. Don't forget to try Jimmy's fish and chips cafe across the road, and takeways are so much better. Must be the paper they are wrapped in. A wonderful stay and the perfect base for the whole week we spent on the lovely islands Shetland Islands. Hipp, hipp, hurra .... Takker for oss

Room Tip: The double rooms are all equally lovely. More on suites than a normal double room. Beautiful bathrooms. Remember the rooms are up on the second and third floor. Windt stairs and not for disabled people.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula1234567890
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

... with friendly service, decent rooms and lovely breakfast. Very informative about things to do out and about in Shetland. The first floor room on the corner overlooking Commercial Street is good. Suitable for tourists and business visitors alike.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

Brilliant place! Everything you need, very modern fully equipped kitchen, very comfy living area. Excellent hosts, accommodation was handy with everything, would highly recommend! Will certainly be back!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank AGH73
Reviewed 2 May 2015

This B&Bis very well situated in the heart of Lerwick, close to the Fort, the harbour and bus station. There is a very old cobbled street to walk up to get to the main door; it's not far but it is steep. I was dropped off at the edge of the pedestrian zone, dragged my suitcase up the cobbles and discovered there was no-one in. Not a problem; I was sent down to the cafe to collect my key (which is where I was dropped off!). 2nd trip up the cobbled slope. I opened the envelope to remove the key and found a note telling me to get one of the cafe staff to take my suitcase up to the room if I needed help. Well, it would have been nice but i couldn't be bothered making a 3rd trip up the cobbles! A quick text telling me where to get my key would have resolved this toing and froing.

I didn't see anyone at all then until breakfast. I'm used to B&B hosts who chat but this couple just quietly go about their business.I had to ask about booking a taxi and that was very kindly done for me as was the taking down the stairs of my suitcase.

I was in room 2 on the first floor and it had a corner window looking down the street to the church. The room was spacious, the double bed comfortable and the wifi signal strong.

I loved hearing the church bell chime, but other than that there was very little by way of outside noise.

I would recommend this B&B and would stay there again if I returned to Shetland.

Room Tip: room 2 is a good size for a couple
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business