“Fantastic place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lerwick
Alder Lodge Guest House
Ranked #3 of 12 Lerwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We came here when our trip to Fair Isle was delayed by bad weather and Karen and Keith made us most welcome. The room was large and comfortable and very quiet.There was lots of choice for breakfast, various cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts and then a huge cooked selection as well. We returned here after making the Fair Isle trip to a different room which was just as large, quiet and comfortable and we felt very at home.Great hosts with a highly recommended business in a good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had never been to Shetland before and selected this Guest House from previous reviews but I am so glad I did. It is close to the centre of town but still very quiet. The room we were in was very well thought out to accommodate everything you would need on a trip, including a seating area. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hosts were very helpful at making suggestions on where to visit. The breakfast was also one of the best I have had even compared to top hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: We were on the very top floor and it was still a spacious twin room with 2 velux windows which had b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I booked this for my work colleagues and they were delighted with all aspects of there stay! In fact have been told to ensure when they visit Lerwick again that i book Alder Lodge over the bigger hotels near the harbour. Breakfast was fantastic, rooms very spacious and no noise from other rooms. All in all a brilliant stay and exceptional value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed here for one night (booked two but then stayed at a friends for a night). I was in the small single room (number 5) on the second floor. The room itself was very clean and well laid out, the bed comfortable and well sound insulated from both inside and outside noise. The only thing I would add would be a black-out blind for the summer and to block out the street light but this is mainly personal preference as I am used to a very dark room.
I was met by the owner when I arrived who explained how things are laid out and showed me where my bathroom was as the room was not en-suite. The bathroom was down the hallway a short distance and was very big with a full size bath, shower and sink, bidet and sink. It also had toiletries provided.
Breakfast was chosen from a very large menu, plus 8-9 cereal choices, fresh juice and tea/coffee.
I got a sneaky peek into a couple of the other rooms as people had checked out and the doors left open by the cleaner. The other rooms were all large and decorated to the same high standard that my room was.
It was very good and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Keith and Karen were tremendous hosts and very helpful and friendly - Breakfast was tremendous and the room was extremely comfortable and had everything that you would want. Used B&B as a base for work and had the chance to travel around the islands. Only disapointment was the fact that the stock of Fair Isle knitware had all been bought!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dunbar2873
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Very nice BnB with friendly owners. The breakfast was very nice and were fine with me having breakfast rather early so I could make the 1st bus up to Unst. Superb range of food for breakfast with very nice scrambled egg (I'm very fussy about my eggs). The bed was great and the free wifi and TV are great additions. Only downside was the single room I was in wasn't en suite so had to walk down a few steps for the bathroom. Owners very helpful with tourist info and helped with my bags. Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed two nights early January 2013. Shetland hospitality was excellent, with the hosts Karen and Keith very welcoming. Accommodation was clean, spacious and very comfortable with all the facilities you would want. Breakfast was excellent, you could not fault it. Off street parking is limited, but there is on and off street free parking available within easy walking distance.
While I was not able to make use of it, I was impressed with the detailed information on recommended walks within the local area, provided in the room.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lerwick
Scalloway Hotel
Glen Orchy Guest House
Glen Orchy Guest House
#4 of 6 in Lerwick
Fort Charlotte Guest House

Been to Alder Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!