All you need clean,warm, comfortable well equiped house on three levels two shower rooms three bedrooms,four of us stayed but sleeps six.Some very interesting decorations,warm friendly welcome on arrival,would love to stay again.
Stayed at The Sycamores in Lerwick for Wool Week.
Pros: Great location in the middle of Lerwick. Easy to get to shops, restaurants, etc.
Apartment is very clean and is now 3 bedroom, two baths. Beautifully equipped kitchen, ample utensils and equipment. Gas stove- a huge plus. Apartment is filled (and I do mean filled) with beautiful art and artifacts. Living room and kitchen on top floor with nice view of the harbor. Next floor down is 2 bedrooms and a bath and also the entry level. One level down is laundry room, second bath and office/bedroom. Bathrooms are shower only-but luxuriously appointed. Parking is in a public lot just steps away.
Cons: Beds are hard, not firm-hard. Pillows same. Never did get a comfortable night's sleep there. And I have a firm mattress at home-so this was just down right uncomfortable. Sofa and living room seating is either low or on a church pew type piece of furniture. Again this furniture, while looking attractive in the room is not functional. The large dining table is industrial in style and has 4 large wheels-so either wear shoes all the time or take care around the table. "Mind the wheel" was the phrase of the week.
The apartment offered a huge selection of DVDs-but they were in French. If you have kids you might want to bring your own DVDs.
Location was fine for us as we had a car and could get to grocery stores easily. The two small Premier stores downtown were limited in what they offered so if you don't have a car a taxi to the Tesco is in order.
We found this place great for two couples. Fortunately we didn't need to watch movies or sit around the living room too much.
Would not recommend for children under the age of 12 because of the art in the apartment and for the wee ones the stairs.
But on the whole a nice stay in a great location.
Great central location. Well equipped and comfortable house. Everything you need is there - tea / coffee, milk, bread on arrival, great wi fi , very comfy beds. Parking close to house, free. Short walk into town and quick transfer to North Link Ferry.
The layout of the house suited us well
This was our first visit to Shetland and the house has loads of information about making the most of your time there.
We would love to come back sometime!
This cottage was the most wonderful surprise. The location couldn't have been better, situated just a few steps from the main shopping part of Lerwick and a short walk to the Shetland Folk Festival venues. The cottage is really well-equipped and comfortable, and could easily accommodate three couples. A real home away from home, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend highly to anyone planning a visit to Shetland.
- Location, location, location! The property is literally just a few steps away from Commercial St.
- From the kitchen, there's a very nice view of the harbour and over to Bressay. Perfect for viewing the cruise ships that anchor at Lerwick.
- There are several skylights in the kitchen, dining and living areas, bringing in lots of light.
- There's a free car park very close to the house.
- Dilys will take you on a thorough tour of the house when you arrive and answer any questions you may have.
- The house is on two levels, so it would not be appropriate for those with mobility problems.
- The house was remodelled just recently. There are a few finishing touches still required, such as the stair railing and cooking implements. (Those items may even be corrected by now.)
- The furnishings and decorations are wildly eclectic, perhaps not to everyone's taste.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|