“Disappointing”
Review of The Muirs Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kinross
The Muirs Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kinross
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Whilst the food was good the menu is rather limited but what lets this restaurant down is the the staff, we ordered a bottle of white wine and it wasn't chilled so asked for it to be changed, the member of staff (think it was the owner) went to the bar and in a loud and sarcastic voice said to another member of staff It's not cold enough for them! Everyone in the restaurant heard! Making us feel uncomfortable! Then another table asked for the door to be opened and it was, but we were sitting by the door and there was a draft, there was no consideration for us or other diners. We had are meal and left very quickly afterwards! We won't be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Darren B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We live in the area and like to support local businesses so gave the The Muirs Inn a try as we knew it was under new management. The place is greatly improved with fresh flowers on the tables and friendly and welcoming staff. The menu is not vast but enough choice to please most tastes and hopefully it will change periodically if not seasonally. We had the Bacon Steak and the Chicken supreme stuffed with mushroom and tarragon, truffle tagliatelle and supreme sauce. Both were good but not great. The Bacon Steak was presented well with the chips served on the side in their own mini deep frying basket but the Chicken looked unappealing on the plate as it was all cream in colour so lacking eye appeal. Just a sprig of fresh tarragon would have given it the hit of colour it needed visually. The chicken was well cooked but personally I felt it was a little lacking in seasoning. I didn’t get the rich depth of flavour I would have expected from the mushroom and tarragon stuffing and I couldn’t taste the truffle at all. For desert we had the Mango and lime panna cotta, passion fruit syrup and exotic fruit salad. It was served in a martini glass and was tasty but very firm and extremely sweet, not panna cotta as I know it. Price wise I felt it was at the high end for “pub” food with the Bacon at £12.50 a burger £10.95, steak £18.95 and a side order at an extra £2.50. On the evening we were there it was quite full for a mid week so must be popular. The new owners and the chef are certainly trying hard to make a success of The Muirs and it is definitely worth a second visit. Good but hopefully going to get even better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loanhead
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great food and friendly staff. Well priced with a really good menu for all. Whether it be for a romantic meal for two,or a family occasion, they will tick all the boxes for you. Have to say it was my birthday not that long ago and was really surprised by a lovely card on the table plus a surprise cake at the end of our meal. Lynn stated afterwards that if she knows it is your birthday they will make it special for you.(On my arrival I was not aware of this:)) Lynn and Willie do a great job as husband and wife to ensure that you have a really nice time at The Muirs Inn. We have never been disappointed :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan B
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stopped in Kinross for a bit to eat .I have never eaten in the Muirs Inn before but I will return.The Menu was a nice size with a good selection of food.I really enjoyed the meal and staff were very friendly and helpful. Well done Willie and Lynn.If your in the Kinross area and need some food I would defiantly recommend the Muirs Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank daveed_13
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Visited the Muir Inn on Monday evening.
It was very quiet when we arrived but it soon picked up.
The quality of the food was excellent.
Tables were served by the owner and it was first class.
Will return when we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Killiebill1965
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to the Muirs since it was taken over by new management.
The resteraunt has a nice ambiance, the service was good, great menu and very reasonably priced.
7 happy diners and We will be back :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AndyB447
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was in the area visiting family last week & had the good fortune to visit the muirs on a few occasions.the food and the service was excellent.was made to feel very welcome by Lyn & William.wiil definitely be back the next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinross
The Green Hotel
Salutation Hotel
Salutation Hotel
#6 of 6 in Kinross
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes

Been to The Muirs Inn? Share your experiences!