“Not for me I'm afraid!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Muirs Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kinross
The Muirs Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kinross
Milnathort, United Kingdom
“Not for me I'm afraid!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in for an impromptu dinner with my 4 year old one evening as we were regulars and hadn't realised it had been taken over. Found the menu a bit limited, I had the poached eggs with bacon and apparently stornoway black pudding(pretty sure it wasn't) service was pretty slow despite it not being overly busy. There was a table of around 12 people having a birthday celebration and another table of 4 who seemed to be quite familiar with owners/staff. I felt the staff weren't very attentive to myself and daughter compared to the other tables, wasn't asked how my main was or offered a refill. Seemed to take forever to get my warmed pancakes with ice/ cream and sauce! When it did eventually come pancake was stone cold and rubbery, I couldn't eat it. After what seemed like an eternity waitress came to clear the plates and I told her my issue ,with that the manager/owner came over and I reiterated my issue and she said "yeah that happens sometimes" ??when I went to pay she said " we won't charge for dessert seen as you didn't like it" Really not taking responsibility for their mistake. Won't be returning unfortunately

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank kmac1985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stewarton, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

On a recent trip to the Kinross area we found ourselves with some time on our hands, we decided to stop somewhere for dinner, not knowing the area we just stopped at the first place we came across, the Muirs, we were welcomed by a very efficient and friendly member of staff and shown to a table, the menu had ample options, our meals arrived very quickly and very well presented.
I highly recommend The Muirs if you find yourself in the area, we will certainly go back the next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline G
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We popped into the Muirs Inn looking for food whilst on a short break. We weren't disappointed. The steak pie was delicious as we're the fresh veg and basket of chips. The only negative part of our stay was.... We did t visit the Muirs Inn sooner!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrissie1806
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very pleased to be invited to a friend's birthday party at the Muirs, where they took over the restaurant for the evening.
I have to say that the Chef rose magnificently to the challenge and produced a wonderful meal. The excellent young staff were helpful and attentive and the whole evening was a great success - helped by the management and staff of the Muirs.
This is a place well worth considering for a family party meal or a business dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
fife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had lunch at The Muirs with a friend this week and enjoyed it. The menu is quite limited, typical pub food but hopefully they will start putting on specials to give a bit more variety and choice. The food was good and beautifully presented and the waitress could not have been more helpful and pleasant. The prices are OK, bit on the high side for lunch but good sized portions etc.

The inside area is lovely, I have not been in before so do not know whether this has all been refurbished but it certainly is nice.

The only negative comment I would make is that we had our coffee outside and the area round the tables had lots of cigarette ends lying about which was quite off putting, could do with a daily clean up!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lynn M, Owner at The Muirs Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Many thanks for your lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your lunch and very much hope to see you back at the Muirs.Just wanted to let you know that we had been running with a reduced Lunch menu during the T in the Park weekend and this was not our normal full menu. Also would like to apologise for the dirty ashtrays, had emptied them several times throughout the day and as a non-smoker I know how off putting this can be, so will make every effort in future to keep on top of this.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were staying at the windlestrae hotel and went for a walk as it was a lovely afternoon.
We came across this pub and went in for a couple of drinks. The staff were so welcoming that we decided to stay for a meal and we were glad we did!! The food was very good and the staff in the restaurant were just as friendly and welcoming. It is well worth a visit and we will definitely be back the next time we are in Kinross.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank graham w
Fife, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very good meal, loved the basket the fish came in....nice touch. Friendly staff and nice dining area, will definitely be back. To finish off a wee bit tablet with the coffee would be great? Service was quick and efficient, would recommend for a meal

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinross
The Green Hotel
#3 of 12 in Dunfermline
Lomond Hills Hotel
Lomond Hills Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie

Been to The Muirs Inn? Share your experiences!