“Excellent”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Perth, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent! Had lovely meal for Mothers Day Lunch. Food and service was excellent. Staff very courteous and Vicki made us feel very welcome. Very relaxing atmosphere in bar area and restaurant .

• Visited March 2014

“Top notch”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Went to the grouse and claret on Saturday night with a small party for the much talked about jazz evening, what a fabulous time was had by all, the service was exemplary, the food as good as you will enjoy anywhere and the atmosphere was buzzing, a great night in a great place with super hosts, will definately return.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Upstandingscot
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and excellent service in superb surroundings.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First visit last night to the Grouse and Claret in Kinross with my husband for a belated Valentine's meal. The food was absolutely fantastic and cooked to perfection. My favourite was the baked camembert. My husband couldn't decide on his favourite between the 4 courses as all were fantastic - tasted amazing and superb presentation.

We enjoyed being first of all served with our wine in the bar area before being seated in the restaurant. The wine (a rioja) was recommended to us by the waitress and it was superb!

The service was fantastic - just the right amount of attention and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who were very efficient and professional. I'm quite fussy with my steak and both mine and my husband's steak were cooked to perfection. The restaurant was full, but this did not affect the level of service.

There was also a jazz band playing last night - I had my concerns that is might be noisy but was pleasantly surprised at how good the band was and how it added to the atmosphere in the restaurant.

Thanks also to the owner Vicki Fu Tong who welcomed us both so warmly.

I can't believe we have never been there before as we live locally to the restaurant - we will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank trish_grant
“Chinese New Year”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Fabulous night at the Grouse & Claret as always. The food is first class and the service is excellent. The staff are friendly and courteous. Hosts Vicki and David Futon make you feel like you are an old friend with their welcome.
The last Friday of every month there is an "Oriental Night" which is a great way to spend an evening....great food, great friends, and a fab selection of great wines.
"Little Beauty" is my favourite white ....

Visited January 2014
Auchtermuchty, United Kingdom
“Winter wonderland”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have not visited this charming restaurant for a number of years but it has not lost any of it's charm. Vicki is still in charge of front of house and whether it is your first our your hundredth time she still welcomes you like a long lost friend and the rest of the staff are just as friendly. But I should really talk about the food. We started lunch with the goats cheese salad. The cheese was just warm enough to melt the cheese and the salad was so refreshing, excellent start to our lunch. To follow we had poached cod and a prawn curry. The cod was succulent and had that translucent again cooked to perfection. The prawn curry was a surprise as not only were there very large prawns but also a piece of cod and pieces of trout. like good thai curries just the right amount of heat and a lovely aromatic smell, heaven. Would I recommend this restaurant, I should say so.

• Visited December 2013