The Green Hotel
US$75
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$77
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjocks baracross the roadsister hotelleisure facilitiessteakon arrivalbottle of wineswimming poolthe ground floorfirst classfour poster bedroom was largea lovely staygolf breakgroupon dealbuffet stylebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

4 of us went to Jock's Bar for lunch on New Year Eve. It has a good reputation locally for good food.. It has a good menu. We were not disappointed and we all enjoyed our well cooked meal. The one slight complaint was that the portions we rather small. The staff were efficient and friendly and we will definitely return

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GreenManager, Manager at The Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent lunch with us. We are pleased to hear that you will return to us and have passed on your comments to the Chef concerning the portion size.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at the Green Hotel for my Wife's birthday. I had an excellent meal then saw a great band afterwards. We stayed in a large room that was a little dated by very comfortable.
The whole experience was lovely and great value. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will join us again to see one of our many gigs in Backstage.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We booked this restaurant Jock's Bar for 27 December, usually find that restaurants are not so good to go to during this period as they dont get fresh food and often they are cold as the heating has been switched. However the bar was very cosy and the food good. It was pub food and the hotel's a la carte menu but it was okay. The staff were nearly all foreign mostly east european and they were very friendly, efficient and helpful. we have tried other places for the birthday tea and it matched to anything else we have had. The hotel is looking a little sad but there has been an upgrade of bedrooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your dining experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear your comments about our staff and take your comments on board concerning the Hotel. We are hoping to be in a position to make some refurbishments some time soon..

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We attended a wedding recently and was really disappointed with the food to say the least. When you walk in it looks really nice.after the wedding services was over we were took through to have our meals,wee were all very hungry as had been in for 3 hrs. I had soup which was just soup. Snout special, then I had chicken & mushroom sauce with potatoes and brocolli. I could not get my knife through the chicken so after few mins of trying I gave up and ate my 1 roasted potateo and brocolli until I got a stork about 3 inches long. Which could have cause serious chocking. I then stuck the stork into my chicken so the staff was more than aware of my meal... Nout. Staff was way to serious. Crabit looking n rite up themselves.. As I looked round the room no one ate there meals and everyone was talking about how the food was stinking. Dident want to be ungrateful to the bride n groom so said nothing. By the time the nite time buffee was out everyone made a made dash as wee were all starving. There was nothing to eat apart from a dry folded up sandwich. The guy that stood by the buffer was a younger guy. I said I was starving n where was all the buffee he said its gone cause everyone else was starving aswell . I told him our meals was disgusting and his reply was everyone has told me the same so I certainly wouldent ever go back!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dylan D

Thank you for your comments concerning the wedding that you attended in September. We are both surprised and saddened by the feedback. The Bride & Groom concerned intimated no such concerns following their wedding and were delighted by the standard of food and service provided. With regard to the evening buffet, a full selection was provided by the Bride & Groom, including sausage rolls, vol au vents, potato skins, drumsticks and mini quiche. They were concerned on the evening about not providing sufficient food and over catered as a result. We are sorry to hear that there was nothing left when you went to the buffet.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a 3 night beak over New Year and it was good value for money. Although the hotel itself is showing some signs of wear and tear and could do with some upgrading in places, the bedroom was large, comfortably warm for this time of year, and the bathroom was quite adequate although the shower could be improved (both heat control and water pressure). and both were very clean. The public rooms are fairly spacious and again clean and fairly well kept.
All of the staff were extremely helpful, courteous and friendly, especially as they were having to work very late over the holidays. The food was very good in all restaurants.
There is free wifi across the hotel but it is a bit temperamental in the
bedrooms.
All in all I would stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013